3 Week Stall?

November18
on 12/11/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Hi, everyone! I know this is suppose to happen, but I just thought I'd post for all those out there that are 3 or 4 weeks out and might be experiencing the same thing. It's good to share frustrations. I'm 24 days out today and have been bouncing around the same weight for the past week. Down 2 lbs. up 2lbs, stay the same, down 2 lbs., up 2lbs!!! Frustrating!!! Sticking to plan and drinking water. It's hard for me. I feel hungry and want to eat, but I'm struggling thru!! Can't wait to get to the point where I believe this is going to work for me!! I'm also having a little issue with longing for a glass of wine. I know that is going to bring out all kinds of warning comments, but I'm just being honest. Thinking about family coming for the holidays and celebrating in our usual way. I'm going to try to drink extra water today and try to break this stall!!!  

Bonnie

StephK10
on 12/11/14 10:59 pm

I understand your longing for a glass of wine.  I'm Episcopalian.  We drink at CHURCH meetings.  :)  You'll get no warning comments from me.  There's no shame in longing for it.  Honestly, there's no shame in drinking a glass - there may be harm.  But I'm an anti-shaming individual. And you being able to honestly say that here is helpful!  You'll see that other people have had the same craving...and maybe learn some tips for powering through.

I'm in a stall as well.  What I learned from people here was to start taking measurements.  Try on smaller sized clothes.  You may be surprised at what's still happening to your body while your weight doesn't show it on the scale.  For instance, I just put on a size smaller pant this morning (16W)!!  I bought them online and they didn't fit. They've hung in my closet for 4 years, waiting for the day...for some reason, I've saved them from the Goodwill pile more than once. Now I know why - to be here for me on a week when I haven't lost any weight, to show me my body is still losing inches!  

Height: 5'7" HighW: 266 SSW: 253 Surgery date: 11/17/14 CW 165.4

(FIRST GOAL OF 170 REACHED 6/30/15)  NEW GOAL: 159 (BMI of "normal")

M1: 24 M2: 15 M3: 11  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8 M7: 5 M8: 3 M9: 3

November18
on 12/12/14 3:18 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks for your reply. I love to hear others storie's. Lol! about the wine.....and there may be harm comment.....that's my debate. I do feel like I've lost more than the scale shows. I haven't had any clothes NSV's because my before surgery clothes were so tight ; I was busting out at the seams. I hope your stall breaks soon!!! Good Luck!!

Bonnie

Kerry1969
on 12/12/14 2:37 am
VSG on 11/17/14

Hi Bonnie. I'm right there with you. I actually hit a stall after the first week. Lost nothing for 15 days and now it is finally coming off. I think you will notice that you are probably losing inches even if the scale is not moving. It will again. Hang in there. I too am experiencing a lot of hunger lately. Since I started eating "food" (soft/mushy) I am more hungry than before...weird. 

I totally understand about wanting a glass of wine...especially around the holidays. I am trying to focus on all the positives and hoping to enjoy this season spending time with family, feeling better about the way I look in my clothes and not focusing so much on the food aspect. 

Hang in there....

VSG with Dr. Barkan on November 17, 2014. HW 220, SW 210, CW 175

November18
on 12/12/14 3:12 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks for the encouragement. I should try to take some measurements. It might make me feel better. It helps to know other people experience hunger. I thought I was unusual. Good Luck and continued success. I'll try to follow your progress!

Bonnie

MegZorar
on 12/12/14 8:18 am

When I stalled, i learned it was best for me to avoid the scale. Seeing the fluctuations was sooooo discouraging. I was doing everything right and not succeeding (or so it felt). Spoke to doc and he said, "Stop weighing yourself. Leave the numbers to us." So I did. Next time I weighed, I was down nearly 10 pounds!! So now I weigh once a week and then let it go. The scale gone do what the scale gone do!

November18
on 12/12/14 9:54 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks. Sounds like a good idea!

Bonnie

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views