Trip to the ER last night....

happytoloose
on 12/14/14 7:07 am

Well, about 7:00 last night, my phone rings.

It was the lab at my doctors office, I had my INR checked on Friday afternoon and my results were in.

With AFIB, my INR needs to be between 2 and 3.

The lab told me I was at 9.0, or three times higher than optimum.

Told me to go to the ER because of bleeding risk.

They drew blood and sent it to the hospital lab, and an hour and a half later told me my INR was now 15!!

FIVE times too high. Freaked me out.

They gave me some vitamin K pills, told me not to play with knives, and sent me home. LOL

Last month, my INR was a perfect 2.5, four weeks after surgery.

I've lost just over 26 lbs since then. Obviously, something has changed with my body that effects my blood coagulation.

Wouldn't surprise me, things are changing so fast I can barely keep up.

Stopped the ferosimide, the lisinopril, and my pulmicort inhaler all within the first 6 weeks.

Completely amazed with my progress thus far. The Warfarin dose must need to be adjusted according to the weight loss.

Dr. Appt. On Tuesday, so not sweating it now. No Warfarin until after that.

Could be from a lack of veggies I suppose. Not much room for them after making my protein numbers.

Stay tuned, I'll update Tuesday night.

Never would have known there was a problem, been feeling absolutely great, better every day.

Rod

MAchick
on 12/14/14 7:15 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Oh wow,  that's really high! Just take it easy and be careful. I'm glad you're having it checked again on Tuesday. Yikes!

Ihearttennis
on 12/14/14 11:19 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

That must be pretty scary.  Glad you are feeling well though.  You are doing a great job sticking to your plan and I hope they get things figured out quickly.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

weeziebeth
on 12/14/14 12:53 pm

They seriously sent you home with an INR of 15? Please be careful, vitamin k helps, but I would still be concerned. Was your Tuesday appt already scheduled, or the result of this ER trip? If already scheduled please touch base with your Dr.'s office in morning to be sure you don't need to go sooner.

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

NLHRN
on 12/14/14 2:09 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

WOW!! Never heard of a 15!! New record!! Glad u r ok!!

HW-410  Consult-380  SW-364.4 

1/12/15-310.2lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 29 views