Had my surgery all went well...I got home today and having very bad burning going down my...

spuddzy
on 12/14/14 9:02 am - NY

Surgery went we'll,,I had scar tissue around band area but it's out now and I got the sleeve...other than water everything burns .i just took some may lox not getting relief ...trying some jello...pls let me know what helped others

spuddzy

Kim N.
on 12/14/14 12:01 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Did you have an ET tube.  That could be the reason for the burning.  I had surgery Monday and Tuesday I was sucking on SF popscicles.  Anything cold helps.  Doc said it just needs time to heal.  It's doing much better today.  Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon....Kim

BorderCollieMama

spuddzy
on 12/14/14 9:35 pm - NY

Thank you for reply...today 4 the day. Got up trying to sip coffee..not too bad..doc. Said the barium should a lot of swelling and narrow pathway going to stomach..did you take in protein shake and how much.

spuddzy

Bonnie1960
on 12/14/14 7:59 pm, edited 12/14/14 8:00 pm

I had that same burning feeling, hurt to swallow...Dr said its normal and should clear up in the next few days.  Im now 15 days out from my band removal / sleeve. Im feeling a lot better although, my energy level is low. Im going back to work today...uuuggh!

LAPBAND Surgery in Norman, Oklahoma on 12/3/2003

Vertical Sleeve  Revision Surgery  in Amarillo, Texas on  12/1/2014   

Hislady
on 12/15/14 10:14 am - Vancouver, WA

You might want to hold off on the coffee for a few weeks since even the decaf is pretty acid and can make your throat and stomach more sore.

spuddzy
on 12/15/14 10:24 am - NY

I can't believe how good I feel...I'm actually hungry. . I'm tired of broth and jello. I have no pain by areas stitched...thanks for helping me..

spuddzy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views