Pre-op liquid diet NSV

shannon2128
on 12/21/14 8:13 pm - Chicago, IL

It was a busy weekend; Christmas shopping ALLLLLL day Saturday.  Took shakes with us (my husband is doing the liquid diet with me, awww lol) and water bottles.  He was a little grumpy, but I was fine.  Normally we would have gone to breakfast, lunch, and dinner while we were out...so not only did we save money, I stayed on plan.

Sunday; Cookie baking all day.  I had the energy to keep going all day, managed to stop myself every time I went to lick a finger (force of habit lol) and though everything looked great - I honestly didn't want any of it.  Sure, I'd love something to eat but I'm finding I crave real, good, food rather than crap.  I did not eat one cookie.  

So proud of myself!  This has been easier than I expected, not easy by any means, just a little more than I expected.  Surgery in 9 1/2 days.  

Merry Christmas everyone!  

Live well, Laugh hard, Love harder...

30-ish, 5' 4", HW: 325, LW: 220, CW: 276, GW: 145

Pre-op: 14lb, M1: 21, M2:

ErinNikki
on 12/21/14 9:15 pm
VSG on 12/11/14

That is great! You have some good will-power. My husband did the diet with me too and it helped so much, though I still had to cook for my kids. You are off to a great start! Good luck with your surgery.

shannon2128
on 12/21/14 9:22 pm - Chicago, IL

Thanks!  I'm lucky enough that my kids are older (20 & 18) so I've bought groceries and they've been cooking for themselves.  Based on the ticker, you've been doing great yourself!  Good for you! 

Live well, Laugh hard, Love harder...

30-ish, 5' 4", HW: 325, LW: 220, CW: 276, GW: 145

Pre-op: 14lb, M1: 21, M2:

crittemom
on 12/22/14 5:20 am

I was the same way, didn't have a problem with the preop diet. It was challenging getting through Thanksgiving, though, so I understand what you're going through now. I, on the pureed part, now, and it is a little more challenging as I do want to have something with CRUNCH! January 27th will be a CRUNCH day! But I'm 28lbs lighter than when I started, and I'm not complaining! Good luck to you and Merry Christmas!

Most Active