Four questions (Sorry!)

ipray
on 12/28/14 2:32 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I am 7 weeks out from VS surgery.  Will I always have to chew, chew, chew and wait 30 seconds between bites?  (i have to wait 30 minutes between eating and fluids and my whole day is focused around my food and fluid intake.  It is very time consuming.). Also, how do you tell when you have eaten too much or if a specific food isn't tolerated?  I haven't had any real signs that I have eatened too much or what I have eaten doesn't sit right.  How does it feel? Thank you!  (I know these are little things, but it is hard to work and be entirely focused on my food/liquid schedule. When I get involved with a project, I forget to drink or eat and it throws my entire schedule off so I am up late trying to get my protein and liquids in.)

Grapetree
on 12/28/14 3:12 am

yes, you always have to chew, chew, chew and wait 30 seconds, for me it's 2 minutes, consider yourself lucky, between bites. 

When you eat too much you fell sick, same for a specific food that you don't tolerate. Some people throw-up.  You will definitely know when you have eaten too much.  We all end up with a different sized stomach.  Mine seems to be very small.  I am 3 months out and am eating 2oz protein at each meal. It's all I can handle.

I forget to eat and drink as well, so does everyone, just go back on your schedule.

ipray
on 12/28/14 6:07 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you for your wisdom!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/28/14 4:09 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I would say that the chewing and waiting in between is something that gets more and more 'normal' with time. I am two years and a few months post op and I chew and swallow pretty much like before surgery. I just eat a lot less. Otherwise it feels very much like before. I have never had a food intolerance and never been sick or thrown up or had the foamies. Sleeve of steel here. 

The food and liquids schedule is work at first but by six months or so you will fall into a groove that works for you and it won't feel so much like you are obsessing around only that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

ipray
on 12/28/14 6:08 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank goodness!  My sleeve is dominating my life!  Nice to know that it gets easier with time. Thanks again!

Dakinbar Yes
on 12/28/14 11:56 am
VSG on 05/07/14

I am coming up 8 months out and I am the same as Julia. I can eat anything, and I have never had the foamies or thrown up.  Even when I have eaten too much I don't feel sick, I just have that awareness of "stop eating now, that's enough!"

I have am able to chew and swallow as I could pre surgery, although I usually eat slower so people around me don't harp on about how little I am eating. I can drink like I could pre surgery, and can even drink fizzy drinks without feeling ill. I would just take a mouthful at a time and then usually burp after every mouthful. I couldn't skull fizzy like I could pre surgery though. I have never been much of a liquid drinker though, so it wasn't something new for me to get used to in terms of not eating and drinking at the same time.

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

lo_ri_p
on 12/28/14 4:14 am - Ocala, FL

The feeling you ate too much is like that feeling after Thanksgiving dinner X5 with pressure into your throat.  Then you think how can that be too much? You will know it when it happens. I am at 3 weeks post-op.  I feel like this is my job now.  Supplements, drinking, pureeing.  I only think about my supplements after I ate and could not think about putting another thing in my stomach then at the end of the day it's crunch time.  Get down iron, calcium, vitamins and my regular pills crushed with apple sauce.  Then I can't even think about how many ounces I drank.  Still working on a routine.

ipray
on 12/28/14 6:12 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I totally agree!  Need a normal life back and not be a slave to my sleeve! (I don't mind eating less but I am spending too much time accommodating my sleeve.

zballard
on 12/28/14 4:53 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

Use your phone's alarm to remind you to eat and drink. Chose a ring that's nice and pleasing like a harp. Snooze if you can't eat or drink at that moment and keep snoozing until you follow thru.

5ft HW 244 SW      

ipray
on 12/28/14 6:13 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you!  I am using a timer and it does help alot.  (I would be in big trouble without it!)  Thanks again!

Most Active