need help with gas!

Spanky123
on 12/26/14 5:01 am

I didnt pas had until yesterday after I gave myself a suppositiry, surgery was in Monday. Now I am so bloated I can bakery move and none of it is coming out? Ive taken a ciuple gasx mo help, any suggetion s to get it to come out? Aftaid to di amother suppository  as I cramped and felt sick with it. How mich gas can we hold before it forces itself out?

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 5:08 am - Loganville, GA

Walking is good to get it moving.  I also found that if you lie on your back and pull your knees to your chest it helps too.  As long as your incisions are in good shape, a heating pad can be beneficial.  Drinking hot tea (decaf and sugar free) can help get rid of some gas.  

NanfromSan
on 12/26/14 7:23 am
VSG on 12/09/14

Someone suggested fennel tea.  I added some fennel seeds to my sleepy time tea and it really helped.  It settled my tummy too.  

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Spanky123
on 12/26/14 8:42 am

I just spent two hours off and on , sitting on my knees facing my recliner with my head and chest on recliner rocking back and for slightly. Things finally moved on through and I feel 100% better!

Unicorgi09
on 12/26/14 10:56 am

I am 2days post op, I have found that standing helps as well as walking,  don't  force anything more down. Last night my first night home,  I threw up 2x due to too much air in my tummy. Gas x strips do wonders. Good luck! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 11:39 am

I had surgery last month, and I didn't pass any gas or go to the bathroom except to urinate for about 4 days. It took about a week to a week and half for bowel movements to normalize (mix of soft stools and diaheria). It started to stabilize about a week and a half to 2 weeks out. I didn't use any meds to try and accelerate to process. I also was not able to eat almost anything the first week or so.

Good luck.

Spanky123
on 12/26/14 12:07 pm

The doctor asked if I had passed gas before he came to discharge me, I told him no, he offered to order a suppository, so I assumed it was ok. I head nothing for 3 days , I didn't think it was safe to let go

lo_ri_p
on 12/26/14 9:04 pm - Ocala, FL

Walking helped me. It moves the air through your intestines through your natural peristalsis (fancy word for muscle movement that moves food through the digestive tract)   I you do get constipated though my doctor recommends Miralax.

muskan
on 12/27/14 4:42 am - United Arab Emirates

Walking helps a lot..  My doctor discharged me with a prescription for Risek...not sure if that's supposed to help with Gas.  I have tried the moving the legs towards the chest - that helped.

Funny I was telling my brother - who can almost 'let it out' as per his wish - I never realized the importance of a 'Fart' until I had this surgery... passing gas helped the nausea I felt the first two days.

I'm looking for Gas X strips in Dubai...no luck so far... I have heard they do wonders.

Most Active