smells

Lillyrose
on 12/28/14 5:04 am

Has anyone noticed that certain foods smell nauseating?  I made lasagna  for the family (I ate my broth), and the smell coming out of the oven was not appetizing.  

lo_ri_p
on 12/28/14 7:30 am - Ocala, FL

Yes.  And it's not just smells that have nauseated or disgusted me it's seeing people in public walking around with chips or fast food.  I think I cannot even think about eating that now.

Lillyrose
on 12/28/14 7:45 am

Oh me too.   I find myself calculating fat calories sugar and what pain it would cause me if I ate even a bite.  It has become a psychological  tool maybe.   I saw someone eating a foot long and thought, "that would kill me literally".   And soda.   I find myself thinking,  "You know that is 2.5 servings.  How many have you drank today?"  

lo_ri_p
on 12/28/14 8:19 am - Ocala, FL

I am so glad you said that.  I thought I was getting too critical of others.  Thinking things like -You don't have to live that way.  Do something about it.  I can kind of appreciate how an recovering alcoholic might feel when they see a drunk person. I guess it is some kind of defense. 

Lillyrose
on 12/28/14 8:29 am

Difference is food is necessary to live alcohol not. Makes our journey harder in some ways.  

lo_ri_p
on 12/29/14 8:41 am - Ocala, FL

It was just an analogy but I agree needing food does make it harder.  Then again potato chips are not necessary to live.

Lillyrose
on 12/29/14 9:07 am

That's the point learning what is real food and what isn't. I realize now.how uneducated I was.  

Tracy D.
on 12/29/14 4:39 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Post-op I was much more sensitive to smells of all kinds.  Not sure why - it has calmed down a bit but I still think my nose is more sensitive than before.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active