Happy New Year!!

November18
on 12/31/14 3:58 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Happy New Year, Everyone!! Here's to 2015! May it be a great year for all sleevers! ........ those trying to maintain, reach goal, or have surgery! Success to all! I had my 6 week post-op yesterday. Dr. was happy with my loss and recovery. I was down 30lbs. since start. Said I could start trying all foods. Protein first. Even gave permission to have a glass of wine tonight! Said it can't hurt me. I'm going for it. No food tastes good to me and I miss my wine. She said drink water and watch the calories and sugar. Happy New Year!!!

Bonnie

rumpole6
on 12/31/14 4:43 am

Happy new year and enjoy that wine!

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Tracy D.
on 12/31/14 5:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I completely disagree with the good doctor about the glass of wine not "hurting you".   I didn't touch alcohol until 7 months out and half a glass of champagne hit me HARD.  I haven't touched alcohol since then.  Alcohol will hit you harder and will get you drunk much faster post-op.  Please be sure and try it the first couple times when you're home with people you trust.  And definitely don't make it a habit until you have hit maintenance. 

Transfer addiction is a VERY real and scary thing.  WLS patients slip much more easily into alcoholism for some reason than other people do.  Just be careful...ok? 

In the meantime, congrats on your early success and happy New Year!   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

November18
on 12/31/14 9:45 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

I did have my wine. Disappointing in that I didn't enjoy it the same as before surgery, but it was good in that it made me feel normal with my friends. I drank a lot of water also as we chatted through out the night. I didn't notice that the alcohol hit me at all. I will be careful! Thanks and Happy New year to you!

Bonnie

jpoche
on 12/31/14 8:46 am

My surgery was 11/19/14 I am also at 30lbs, with a few stalls. Cheers to the New Years! keep up the good work!

November18
on 12/31/14 9:39 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks! These stalls are crazy, aren't they? I stalled for 3 weeks, lost 5 lbs in 4 days and then stalled again!!!! Keeps you on your toes. I'd love to be able to understand the science behind it. Good Luck to you in the new year!

Bonnie

jpoche
on 1/1/15 6:43 am

Did you have your wine, if so how did you do?

November18
on 1/2/15 5:28 am
VSG on 11/18/14

I had my wine. it was fine. Didn't enjoy drinking it as much as before surgery but I had no ill effects. I don't enjoy eating now either. I'm hoping that will change! Happy New Year!

Bonnie

Most Active