Rescheduled Surgery Date January 7th

K. Walker
on 12/31/14 9:29 am

My surgery has been rescheduled. I posted last week that I arrived at the hospital, was prepped for surgery, and as they were transferring me to the OR table, I was informed the doctor was sick and would not be there to perform the sleeve surgery. Due to the holidays, the scheduling nurse was out until today. When I spoke to her this morning, she said since we are in a new year and they would have to contact my insurance company about benefits again (on Friday).  I had already met my deductible for 2014 and the original surgery date was in 2014. Now, I'll need to pay my 2015 deductible before they would perform "elective" surgery.  Has anyone else been told this is elective surgery?  Another small hurdle for me to jump over to get to a healthier me. I'm just rolling with the punches.  Bring on 2015!

Anyone else having surgery next Wednesday and want to be my surgery buddy?

moisme2412
on 12/31/14 11:51 am - NJ

Im having surgery the 8th.... and I too will have to meet my deductible again..... ugh!  I feel its still worth it to be healthy.  I have to start my pre op diet tomorrow.   Im ready for this journey! 

K. Walker
on 12/31/14 9:51 pm

Good luck with your pre op diet. The first few days are pretty tough, but not impossible. 

Weight: Highest 181 / Pre-op 177 / Surgery 167

Weight: Current 145 / Goal 105

Weight: Lost 36 pounds from highest weight (started weight loss surgery process)

4 Feet 11 Inches / BMI 35 @ Surgery

VSG Surgery Date 01/07/2015

VSG on 06/12/13

This absolutely is elective surgery, but you have a great attitude about overcoming this small challenge and you are setting yourself up for great success. It is good that you waited - I am not sure I would have wanted a doc who was a) contagious or b) doped up on cough syrup cutting me. Others here would have had seven temper tantrums about this. 

You've got this! Good luck - Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

K. Walker
on 12/31/14 9:19 pm

Thank you!

Most Active