Surgery Buddies- January 2015!

Y D.
on 12/29/14 2:01 am, edited 12/29/14 2:07 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hi all,

Just wanted to make a thread for all of us who are scheduled for surgery in January  We can connect and share support and experiences.

I also like to 'friend' people near my surgery date and/or BMI range, because when I hit my "dashboard", I can see recent posts from my friends I added that I have things in common with and follow along with their progress that way too :)

Anyhow, I'm Yaara K, from San Diego, I'm scheduled for VSG surgery on January 19th in Tijuana Mexico with Dr. Lopez, at Vida Hospital. I'm a "lightweight" with a BMI of about 40/41. I start my pre-op diet in one week! I'm 5'2", 27 years old. I actually really like my figure... and I hope I keep my shape and proportions, just on a much smaller scale! I'm reasonably healthy with no "serious" co-morbidities, except chronic fatigue and joint/muscle pain. I'm so looking forward to feeling "normal" again; prevent future health issues, and get to a healthy place where I could start a family someday and have less stress over my weight spiraling out of control.

I'm a nice Jewish girl, mid-divorce, but we're still the best of friends and he's been awesome supporting me through this decision.

Hope to meet some new friends here having surgery in January, and keep in touch! :)

sds0029
on 12/29/14 2:29 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hello, Yaara, I'm Susan from Carrollton, TX.  I to am scheduled for VSG surgery on Jan 19 with Dr. Nicholson.  I am 55 YOA and looking forward to feeling better BUT I know there will be many challenges ahead including with putting a good friend (food) at the bottom of priorities.  My doctor (PCP) told me I would feel, as though I have lost a best friend.  I'm ready to deal with that. 

Y D.
on 12/29/14 2:35 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Wow, same day! :) How long is your pre-op diet (if you have one), when do you begin?

I believe mourning food will be a process for me as well. With the exception of eating out, I cook balanced meals at home, but I will miss my portion sizes. I do like that "full" and cozy feeling. But it's not good for me, and I look forward to having a tool that assists me out of that way of eating.

We've got this!!

sds0029
on 12/29/14 2:43 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Pre-op is 2 weeks and I begin Jan 5th.  Yes, this is a tool and I pray my brain will cooperate :)  This forum is fantastic.  I have been reading it for months and my post to you is actually my first. 

Here we come 2015!

Flabaway
on 12/29/14 7:19 am
VSG on 01/05/15 with

Hi Yaara, I'm scheduled for Jan 5th with Dr Alvarez. Good luck on your WLS journey!

ShawnS16
on 12/29/14 9:39 am - Battle Creek, MI
with

I am scheduled for January 20th with Dr Alvarez-my pre op diet is supposed to be 10 days but since it's right after the holidays I have decided to do 14 days lol

Flabaway
on 12/29/14 9:57 am
VSG on 01/05/15 with

Lol, Shawn, probably a good move. I didn't overeat this holiday, I've really been trying to keep everything to a minimum even though i know it's my last pre-sleeve xmas. I slipped in under the pre-op diet reqs, so I'm quietly eating a few favorite things for the last time, like pizza and mexican.

I've got my cupboards lined with boxes of various broths, and everything else is getting cleared out. About to order some OPURITY supplements, and I'm already taking my biotin.

Nervous as hell.

ShawnS16
on 12/30/14 2:25 am - Battle Creek, MI
with

I only gained 3 pounds over the holidays! Proud of myself for that. With the surgery scheduled and feeling so ready for this life change-it helped keep me aware of what I was eating and so I didn't over do it too much.

Y D.
on 12/30/14 2:01 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

hi shawn! congrats on your surgery date, maybe i'll see you around the Marriott (if youre staying there)!

ShawnS16
on 12/30/14 2:20 am - Battle Creek, MI
with

I will be staying at the La Quinta:)

Most Active