4 YEARS post op, and crawling back for support and accountability

erin_erin
on 12/29/14 6:39 am
VSG on 11/08/10 with

Hi VSGers!  Its been so long since I've been to OH that I can't get back in to my old account, and I had to create a new one just to re-join you lovely group of people!   :-D  I have had a lot of success with my VSG - went from approx. 290 pounds down to a low of 156.  I never quite reached my goal of 140, but I was very happy where I was and had no complaints.  Well, this past year, old habits have kicked in, and I've started to fall into the old dangerous trap of mindless eating.   I'm up to about 176 pounds at the moment and need to stop this nonsense in its tracks, right now.   I'll spare you a long intro and story (for now), but I wanted to jump back in and get motivated by surrounding myself again with "my people."   :-)   I know what needs to be done, and I am so thankful for this awesome tool I've been given.   I just need support (to both give and receive), insight, and a kick in the rear to get it going.  

So...hi!   

Flabaway
on 12/29/14 7:02 am
VSG on 01/05/15 with

Welcome back! Put the cookie down!

erin_erin
on 12/29/14 7:13 am
VSG on 11/08/10 with

Thank you Flabaway!  

NanfromSan
on 12/29/14 7:07 am
VSG on 12/09/14

Welcome back!  What was your old user name?  I've been around awhile, even though I just got sleeved.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

erin_erin
on 12/29/14 7:15 am
VSG on 11/08/10 with

Hi Nanfromsan!  It was some combination of something similar - erin_erin_erin I think?   Super original, I know.  Haha.  ;-)  Congrats on just getting sleeved!   How are you feeling and doing so far?

TeashaLorna
on 12/29/14 7:13 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Kick in the Ass coming your way!!!  I am here for you if you need me.  I use MFP and track everyday if you want to check up on each other there that would be great.  I am TeashaLorna.  There are a few of us on MFP that give each other that Kick in the Ass when we need it or the what is going on in your life hug when you need it. Take care and welcome back.  I know I could not do this without my MFP Friends, I know they are keeping me accountable every single day.  I find it really easy to lie to myself but not to others. Part of my disease I guess. Hugs to you! and Great job coming back, it takes a lot of courage and you show that you have it in spades.  Good for you.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

erin_erin
on 12/29/14 7:20 am, edited 12/29/14 7:26 am
VSG on 11/08/10 with

Awwww, thank you for the warm welcome TeashaLorna!   I love MFP.   I've used that tracker and also an app called fooducate, and both really do help me stay honest.   Logging my food is definitely the first thing I need to do again.  Its THE best form of accountability and graphing and troubleshooting there is.  Once I settle back to which app I'll use most regularly (probably will be MFP), I will connect with you there.   It would be great to do this daily with a group.   

Gwen M.
on 12/29/14 7:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Welcome back!  It's great that you know what needs to be done and are ready to get back to it :)  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

erin_erin
on 12/29/14 7:21 am
VSG on 11/08/10 with

Thank you Gwen M.  I'm so glad I came back here today.  I'm feeling the love!   

janielynne
on 12/29/14 8:59 am

Hello Erin, I am in the same boat.  We need to help each other.  I will be 4 yrs post op in April.  I have regained 25 lbs.  I'm so mad at myself.  I'm having a hard time remembering what I did in the beginning to be so successful.  My first step was to come back here. Feel free to add me as a friend.  I will be contacting some of my old friends for help also....I wish us both success... 

Most Active