Two weeks Post-op Today

ANGELINA6501
on 12/30/14 6:13 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Today is the two week mark. I have lost 8.6 lbs in the last two weeks. Started 275, gained 5 in the hospital, lost that and now at 266.4. I was hoping for more loss but I'm not really stressing it. Since starting the whole program in April, I have lost exactly 30 lbs. Not too shabby, and I know there is plenty more to shed.

I'm sticking to my NUT plan, but still have some trouble getting in all the protein, liquids and calories. My plan says 75 g prot / 64 oz liq / 800 cal. I'm taking my multivitamin (has enough Iron and B vits) and my Calcium +D if I don't get enough calcium in my regular diet. My diet consists of protein shakes, cottage cheese, applesauce, apple butter (just a little bit), yogurt and I made some beef tips/gravy pureed and mashed potatoes. I've also had some broccoli cheese soup pureed with potato. All has been going down without problems. Tomorrow I get to try eggs - not sure how I will prepare them - I've never been a big fan of eggs.

Feeling a bit sore, went on a grocery run and drove today. Taking it easy the rest of the afternoon/evening. Incisions look good; there is one that is a little scabby but the big one is looking great! The blood thinner shots have wreaked havoc with my lower abdomen; it is quite bruised. Still have 5 more days of those.     Having some left shoulder pains which I am attributing to gas. Also a bit of constipation, tried Colace but it was more easily remedied with some good old Milk of Magnesia.

Overall, things are looking good for being two weeks out. Check up appointments will be next week, so we'll get the professional opinions then.

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

Beatriz
on 12/30/14 10:56 am

Glad things are going well!!!

Height: 5'4".    VSG 2/23/15

HW: 257--SW: 237--CW: 207  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views