Consultation this week, and 2nd Thoughts..HELP!!

Smilez313
on 1/26/15 11:49 pm

Ok So heres my dilemma:

I am straight freaking out, one minute I am inspired and I really want to loose the weight then the next I am just 2nd guessing it. Part of it is just that I am terrified of going back under the knife, as a new mom I don't want to die and leave my little one behind  but then what kind of life can I give him when I am out of breath from 5 min of playing with him. and then there is the food issue.. oo how I love food! I am Colombian and Mexican so food is delicious! I understand that it is not that I wont be able to eat it because I could but would I make the right choices. soo many thing are running through my head ughh. then im like what if im that one person that gets complications and thoughts keep going and going. lol so I guess what I need is more inspiration. I know I can do this, but im fighting all the what ifs.

mickeymantle
on 1/27/15 1:42 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you don't get your weight under control you will die much younger and may not see your baby grow up

the surgery with a skilled surgeon is much safer that being obese

it is almost impossible to lose and keep off more than 50 lb with out wls

do this for yourself and your family

if you need to speak to a therapist  or a priest  about your worry s 

you will be able to eat Mexican food but you will eat much less and have to choose the right food   , less carbs more protien , marinated bake fish is great , veggies instead of rice 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Smilez313
on 1/27/15 4:26 am

Your right, I guess I just need the reassurance. Thanks for the scolding/informational uplift lol

Kathy S.
on 1/27/15 4:43 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Kudos to what MM said... I was told I would not be alive in another 5 years if I did not have surgery.  That was over 10 years ago.  The thought of missing my sons wedding and not having met my precious grandson (another baby on the way) is devastating.  

Trust me, you think food is your best friend, but your best friend is killing you.  One of my go too foods when I had surgery was refried beans with melted cheese. High protein!  You will be surprised how creative we can get with our food.

We look forward to your updates!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Smilez313
on 1/27/15 4:49 am

Thank you!

Kathy S.
on 1/27/15 4:51 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It can be scary, that is normal. Take your time, research, attend free seminars to ask questions.  YOU will know when the time is right.  It took me 18 months before I had my surgery.

Let me know if I can help

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Almiita
on 1/27/15 7:11 am - St.Paul, MN

I can totally relate to your post..

I have to go in for my last weigh in this week.then they submit everything to insurance for approval. One minute im so enthusiastic about WLS the next i have a million thoughts rushing through my mind like..what if I die,I dont want to die my baby is only 3 years old I want to watch him grow up or What if something goes wrong, what if.....

But as they say..It would be weird if we weren't nervous about surgery.

SURGERY DATE:PENDING  HEIGHT:5'8  HW: 296 CW:267 SW:PENDING

Smilez313
on 1/27/15 9:30 am

I guess it all comes down to our fear. But let's keep positive! Your a few steps ahead of me so keep me posted. Cuz I'm a nervous wreck lol.

Almiita
on 1/28/15 6:58 am - St.Paul, MN

Will do, and I hope you do too

SURGERY DATE:PENDING  HEIGHT:5'8  HW: 296 CW:267 SW:PENDING

Julie81
on 1/27/15 9:59 am

I'm right with ya girl!! I'm scarred to death.. VSG in two weeks. I've never been put to sleep. I keep thinking ill end up walking out.

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

Most Active