Dr Voung in Alb NM

SpikyP L.
on 1/26/15 11:58 pm - NM

I had lap band three years ago which didn't work And I am seriously considering getting the sleeve. I have an appointment to go every seventh to the introduction meeting To start the process. Has anyone had Dr. Voung as the physician?? I'm 58 years old and I Don't want to live the rest of my life feeling down and slow Because of my weight  But I'm scared again just like I was three years ago But I better do it now I figure then wait when I'm older. Has anyone had any problems with this doctor??

ReclaimingPaula
on 1/27/15 12:33 am
VSG on 01/28/14

Hi there!  I live in the ABQ area, and had not heard of this doctor.  Looks to me like he might be new to the area - his name is Duc Vuong, MD.  He was apparently previously in Houston, TX so you might be able to find some information from his patients there on this site by searching.  I'm a Presbyterian patient, so I had my surgery done in El Paso.  I do know others who have had their procedures done through Lovelace Bariatrics, and they are happy with the results.  Don't know of anyone who has had this particular surgeon, though.  Good luck to you!

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

SpikyP L.
on 1/27/15 1:34 am - NM

Thanks for the information!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/15 9:08 am

Unmh has a new bariatrics program at  the Sandoval Regional Medical center in Rio Rancho, by Santa Anna convention center.

I believe that Dr Bellows removes lap bands and converts to sleeves. The support staff has been great. And the drive has not been bad - such a nicer hospital than downtown unmh.

It's nice to hear from a Albuquerque Turkey!

SpikyP L.
on 1/27/15 9:19 am - NM

Hi I go to Lovelace on mcmann dr sanchez did my lap band but it hasn't helped me lose but I guess it could be worse as it had stopped me from gaining alot. How has your journey been?? You just had surgery?? How old are you?? I keep reading the posts to try to get used to the idea of the sleeve which I will start the process in feb 7.  Lovelace is also nice. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/15 9:26 am

Yes, just got mine done, almost 2 weeks ago. First week was crazy hard, surgery pain, emotional, life junk. But I am healing well and am looking forward to getting better.

I turned 40 this year. Eeeee - that hit me odd & surprised me.

Do you know what steps you need to take ?

SpikyP L.
on 1/27/15 10:20 am - NM

I'm assuming it's very similar to the lap band that I had done three years ago. My insurances says four months of nutrition training and then I'm sure it'll be the two-week pre-op diet and after protein shakes for probably 2 to 4 weeks. I went to the emergency room about five days after surgery because I couldn't swallow it was really really bad but they tightened it too much during surgery that they had to take out almost 5 ccs of liquid so I'm hoping that this will be much better. I'm actually pretty healthy except for the darn weight that I carry So I'm hoping that I'll do good just like you. I've been trying to start to exercise and trying to watch what I eat but it is so hard The more I watch what I eat the hungrier I get So this just tells me that I really do need this sleeve!!

SpikyP L.
on 1/27/15 10:21 am - NM

Any tips you can give me I would really appreciate!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/15 10:27 am

At the gym I was concentrating on strengthening my thighs because I also have an upcoming knee repair. I have been very thankful for the strength in my legs.

Ooooh little one needs me

Let's talk more :h

SpikyP L.
on 1/28/15 12:34 am - NM

Your at the gym two weeks out, wow, great, good job.  If you can whenever you get time, post any tips you have for me, what I should take to hospital, and anything after I should do and or what to expect.  Thanks for your time. 

Most Active