Reshrinking sleeve

jameas
on 1/25/15 11:41 pm

I remember something on here, when there is wt gain and how you can eat to re shrink sleeve anyone know where I can find that information thanks ahead. jamie

Gwen M.
on 1/26/15 12:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Eat proper portion sizes and you'll be fine.  There are surgical options to tighten your sleeve if it truly has stretched, but that's about it.  Have you had your stomach scoped by your surgeon to see if there is something wrong? 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Tracy D.
on 1/26/15 2:41 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My surgeon has said that true "stretching" of the sleeve is super rare.  He's gone in and had to do surgeries on VSG patients and in almost every single one the sleeve hasn't really changed size.  He says over time it becomes much more "pliable", meaning that it will stretch more when food goes in there, especially slider foods.  

Want to feel great restriction again?  Stop eating simple carbs ie. flour, rice, pasta or anythng with sugar in it.  Go back to dense proteins first and then dark green veggies if you have room.  It works! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 2:51 am, edited 1/26/15 2:51 am

2 Sure fire ways to reset your sleeve, if you're willing to do either one of them:

1. Low carb protein drinks for 3 days and lots and lots of water. If I were going to do this method I would use GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (which is my go to protein powder- per scoop: 20 grams protein, 2.3 carbs) with unsweetened almond milk. That equals about 120 cals per serving. Drink 5 of those per day and you'll get adequate protein, very few carbs and very few calories. You can do anything for 3 days, right? (This method will also kick start weight loss with a bang, if you want to lose some extra weight.)

2. (My preferred method after a mild carb binge). Eat all the lean, clean, dense protein you want for 2-3 days. Include at least 3 servings (1 TBS each) of a healthy fat - Organic PB, EVVO, coconut oil, avocado, etc... and all the green vegetables you wish. Also drink plenty of water.

Either one of these methods has always worked for me when I need to reset.

I honestly don't think my sleeve needs resetting, but actually the hormones in my body need a reset after eating too many carbs or down right crap food for several days.

Everyone I know in the WLS world has bad eating days. It happens. Many have had regain. It happens. It's nothing to be ashamed about. You are back here doing the right thing by asking and seeking information on how to deal with it.

Good for you and good luck!

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/26/15 4:45 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Kairk!!!!

You are the BEST!!! I am going to try one of your methods for sure this week.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/26/15 6:02 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Don't you wi**** was like a phone with the 'back to factory settings' reset button? No such luck! Just have to eat lean and green and drink plenty of fluids. Simple. (I didn't say easy! I said simple!)

good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

jaifra78
on 1/26/15 6:45 am
RNY on 04/16/14

are you talking about the 5 day pouch test because I have heard that it is just a fad diet and really wont help. however you could give it a try, just Google it and a bunch of info on it will come up. but I agree with the others just measure your food and eat healthy.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views