Questions for first surgeons meeting?

Tara W.
on 1/28/15 8:58 am - Canada

I've got my first meeting with my surgeon on Tuesday. I've been attending the Red Deer clinic since October and I'm wondering if there's any questions you wish you'd asked and forgot at your meetings?  Or any that I could be forgetting.  I've done a ton of research and always feel odd when they ask if you have questions and I say no haha.  Let me know your insights!

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

Tara W.
on 1/28/15 10:43 am - Canada

I'm also wondering if pre existing gallbladder issues would be a no go for the surgeon 

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

Amy M.
on 1/28/15 11:19 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

If you have pre existing gall bladder issues your surgeon might recommend removing it at the time of your surgery.  It's actually pretty common.   Make sure you ask your doctor about his record.  How many VSG surgeries has he done and how many complications has he had.

Good luck!

Luvmygs
on 1/28/15 11:43 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I also wanted to know how long my surgeon's been doing bariatric surgery, any complications from any of her past patients, and I also wanted to know if she did a leak test before closing me up. I wanted to know if she will remove the Fundus during surgery (Ghrelin hunger hormone), how many incisions would she be making. How long does it actually take for the Sleeve to heal.

sistah3
on 1/28/15 1:08 pm

I went through the Red Deer clinic too. When the surgeon asked me if I had any questions I got that deer in the headlights look and drew a complete blank. One thing I did remember to ask was the mortality rate with the 2 different surgeries. His answer made my decision for the LSG that much easier. Honestly I deferred to his expertise and am glad I did. If you forget to ask something ask the nurse or the surgeon on your next visit.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/28/15 9:46 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

They used to have a list on here of questions to ask. I think they should bring that back. Admins?

Most Active