2015 Goal Progress?

Gwen M.
on 1/31/15 1:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Since it's the last day of January, I figure it would be nice to check in with everyone to see how progress towards 2015 goals is going.  Hopefully we all made it through January relatively unscathed and with our motivation still intact.  

Here are my goals and my progress so far.  

1. Read at least 52 books - I’ve read 6 books so far and I’m currently working on my 7th book which is around 1000 pages.  It might take a few more days.  11%
2. Watch at least 52 movies in the theater - I’ve seen 9 movies so far, yay for Oscar bait catch up month.  17%
3. Run at least 520 miles - Only 37.2 miles so far, so I’m a bit behind.  7%
4. Log at least 15 minutes of exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY - 31 for 31!
5. Start studying Aikido in May - NA
6. Start working with a personal trainer in September - NA.  I’m now considering starting this when my lean body mass reaches 96 pounds, which will probably happen before September.  But money is a thing so we'll see. 
7. Lose at least 26 pounds - 5.8 pounds lost.  22%
8. Complete at least 5 races - My first 2015 race is in a week. 
9. Achieve half shoulder stand in yoga practice - I’m not working on this yet due to research telling me to wait until I’m no longer obese. 
10. Continue monthly massages - 1 of 12 done.  8%
11. Continue mental therapy - Yup!  And I’m trying out Dance Movement Therapy tomorrow to see if that will help with the disassociation issues I've been dealing with. 

I'm feeling pretty good about my progress with all of my goals.  My mileage is a little lacking at 7%, but I'm sure that will pick up once the weather gets warmer and I'm no longer stuck on the treadmill.  I'm definitely on track for all of my other goals so far!  Considering this is the first year I've ever set real concrete goals, that's pretty cool.  (Last year my goal was just "be kind to myself.") 

How are your goals coming along?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Amy M.
on 1/31/15 3:14 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I'm so incredibly jealous of your motivation.  To set not just 1 or 2 but 11 goals in one year is outstanding and I wish I had your commitment.  I only set a few goals for myself but I need to actually think about my progress with them as I haven't actually written them down.

1. Lose an additional 52 lbs  to be at goal by my 1 year surgiversary on 7/30/15 - 8lbs so far, 44 more to go.
2. Log my meals and exercise on MFP every day.  No excuses: 24 for 31.  I didn't log my meals when I was in recovery from gall bladder surgery.
3. Start a diary and write in it every for self motivation and therapy - Started 1/20/15 and wrote an entry every day.
4. Work out at least 3 times per week - 3/4 weeks - did not exercise during gall bladder recovery.
5. Start using the gym at work (it's free!) - Not started yet.

My number 1 goal is the most important to me.  If I reach my goal weight by July 30th I'll be the happiest woman alive!

MegZorar
on 1/31/15 5:04 am

Well done!!

MegZorar
on 1/31/15 5:05 am

Excellent!!

psychoticparrot
on 1/31/15 5:54 am

Glad your new year is starting out so well. My goals are somewhat simpler at this time:

1. Stick to the last 2 days of my pre-op liquid diet.

2. Survive the surgery on Monday.

3. Recover.

Once those goals have been met, I'm sure I'll be able to come up with a few new, and more pleasurable, goals. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

GooseGirl
on 1/31/15 7:37 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I haven't taken the time to figure out my % which, now that I think about it, is a bit odd for me. I crunch #s all the day for work. Here are my goals & updates

1. Participate in 2 5Ks - First one is scheduled for late March
  1. Participate in a 10K - NA
  1. Participate in a half marathon - I know that I will be doing one in December. I did that half marathon several years ago and it has been my goal to do it again for years. I would like to do another one earlier in the year too but haven't selected anything yet. 
  1. Find a new church and attend at least 1/month - I have been visiting
  1. Reach the 100 lb loss milestone - Almost 70 lbs down from my highest weight. I played around with this goal and wrote/rewrote it several times. I'm trying to stay away from time bound goals. Really I would like to hit my goal weight this year but I don't know if that is feasible. It will definitely happen but maybe not this year. 
  1. Start studying yoga - starting in late February after some travel and work commitments have completed.
  2. Walk minimum of 3 times a week. - On track
  1. Continue mental therapy - Yes. Switched therapists before the holidays to one who is focused on WLS patients. It has been challenging but I really think it is exactly what I needed. 
  1. Massage monthly - Yep! This was part of my "be kind to myself goal" that I stole from Gwen :)
  2. Log my meals in MFP daily - so far so good. 

jenn1469
on 2/1/15 10:27 am

I stopped smoking since new years yay me! 

next goal get to goal weight buy may not sure yet what it is but I think 140 well see how I look as I loose. I'm 165 right now.

keep hiking

Jennifer

KayDeeCee
on 2/1/15 10:43 am, edited 2/1/15 10:44 am
VSG on 01/26/15

I just had my VSG this past Monday, Jan 26. So my goals are all Weight-Loss/Health related. That is my total focus for now.

2015 WL Goals:  
-Lose my weight (Total 117) by end of 2015 (That will be 11 months after Surgery).
-Follow each Phase of the Eating Plan to the letter.
-Make sure I get my needed Protein and Water in DAILY.
-Wear my Fitbit and log in DAILY.
-Get 10,000 steps in DAILY.
-Work out at Gym three times a week.

I hope this all results in me know longer being Diabetic, not having High Cholesterol, no more need of my CPAP, and that I can move without pain in my feet and legs.

5'7" HW 256 (1/6/2014) SW 236.2 (VSG: 1/26/2015) CW 165.5 (01/10/2016) Total Weight Lost 90.5
Pre-Op: -19.8; Month 1: -19; Month 2: -12.7; Month 3: -9.9; Month 4: -7.2; Month 5: -6.4; Month 6: -2.8; Month 7: -3.7; Month 8: -4.2; Month 9: -0.6; Month 10: -2.1; Month 11: -0 Month 12: -2.1

GOALS: BMI Normal = 159 (6.5 to go); 100 LBs Lost = 156 (9.5 to go); FINAL GOAL: 139?? (26.5 to go)

wyo_sarah
on 2/2/15 1:22 am

This is great!  Thank you for helping me stay accountable.

1. Reach goal weight I lost 10 lbs in January and have 5 to go.

2. Exercise 3 times a week I didn't do this the first week when I had the flu, but I have since then.

3. Be a better housekeeper I've made improvements, but I still have a ways to go.  I have added to this goal to plan my meals a week in advance and try to only go to the grocery store once a week.  I've successfully done that 2 weeks in a row now.

4. Read a book a month I didn't do that this month.  I'm part way through American Sniper.

5. Be my husband's girlfriend I am trying to be less naggy and more lovey and I think I'm doing pretty well.

6. Develop and follow through with a responsibility program for my children We are doing pretty well with this.  We have a chore chart, they are doing more around the house and they are motivated.

7. Grow our businesses This is hard to gauge at the moment because our businesses fair better in warmer weather, but I think we are doing well so far.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 52 views