Please Help......

Loaf
on 1/30/15 4:26 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Wow.

Thats all i can say.  I am 3 months post op as of Saturday. Currently down 50 Lbs.  and Feel Awesome.

I have my 3 month visit next week and hope to hit the 280's by then.. even if it is  289.9 

What i have noticed is that considering i was a couch potato for many years, now i have the need to do stuff.  I started walking shortly after Christmas started at 1.5 miles and have worked up to 3 miles in just over 40 min.  I even Jog for about 150 Yards at the end of my walk... each week adding distance to the jog... (Who the F*&K is typing this)

I walk pretty much every day.  I really try to.,but some days; like yesterday i opted for a 1.5 mile walk after i shovelled (No Snow blower) for about 45 min.

I feel almost like i have  to walk.  its an odd situation. 

Last night i was at Karate with my daughter and i was watching people work out in the Gym Next door. then the oddest thing happened... I said... "I Want To do that"  i want to get into shape

I had to look around to make sure that it was me talking.  I have never been on that has been on the fitness Train.  Let alone "Wanting" to do it.

Looks like Wifie and i are going to have to join the Y.

Its a weird sensation. This.. Wanting to do stuff... Im not sure i like it yet......only the Gym will tell.

I have this desire to get strong, to get into shape...improve my spelling... I dont get it. this is completely new to me.    Whats even stranger to me is that tonight my wife wants to take the kids to the movies... and i did not say it out loud,but my first thought was... Im Going to miss my walk....not MMMMMM Popcorn.. but the fact that i am going to miss my walk... Maybe Tongiht after we get home.  (Who said that???)

Im not going to Lie.  I was one of those guys that said... I will not exercise... i just need the sleeve, the weight will come off and all will be good in the world.

Well whoda thunk it....Me Wanting to Go to the Gym. Wanting to Plug in my headphones and go for a walk. missing it when i dont go.

Is this normal...Am i going Crazy...i am at a loss for words.  I think i need to go to the GP.. .im Clearly ill.

maybe there might even be a spartan race in the fall.....

Just wondering how many veterans this has happened to... how to make it stop...this desire to improve is very wrong and disconcerting.

Please Help

Gwen M.
on 1/30/15 4:37 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is pretty much my life.  I feel like a pod person.  It's something I talk about with my therapist a LOT.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/15 5:32 am

where is the problem, working out  is so awesome

iloveravens
on 1/30/15 5:59 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Great post.  I totally get it.  My favorite Y instructor said there would be a sub for her this week.  I was so extremely disappointed...LOL

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Sasny
on 1/30/15 6:40 am
VSG on 03/20/12

Hi

the feelings you are having happen to others as well.  In the search bar search for posts from JubJub.  He was a sedentary guy in his 50s?? and he rocked his sleeve lost over 100 lbs and now is an endurance athlete riding 100+ mile bike races.  Very inspirational.  Hope you have continued success. 

Stephanie

Y D.
on 1/30/15 6:55 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

hehe. really cool. congrats on your success, enjoy getting to know the new you

psychoticparrot
on 1/30/15 9:14 am

I can only hope that after my surgery, I'll soon have the same problem that you have.  

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

cconroy55
on 1/30/15 1:13 pm

Lol - I'm waiting for this to kick in - even just the pre-surgery weight loss has started some of these feelings!

alaskasusan
on 1/30/15 1:38 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I. Love. This. Post!  And I am on that same crazy train...I went to 3 (count 'em, 3) separate gym classes yesterday .. Weight training, Spin, HIIT for 180 min of intense work. And, I have to admit...I found myself loving it. And I was always ALWAYS the unfit, non-athletic one in our family. Yep, WLS changed me in more ways than one and I thank God for it every day. It was a life saver, and is life changing. 

Good work, keep it up! Next up for me is an actual real live 5k race this summer. So I am learning to run in the snow. And ice. In the dark....  😄

Tracy D.
on 2/2/15 3:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You sound like my husband who had the sleeve about a year after me (April 2014).  He never intended to exercise, seriously.  He said that standing all day at work was exercise enough for him.  This is the same guy that just signed up for a half marathon in May.  Yeah, he's become "that" guy -- the crazy I-am-running-because-I-can-not-because-I-like-it guy.  The guy who prioritizes working out every day.  

If you find out how to make it stop, please let me know.  Because as long as he keeps running I have to do everything I can to stay about three steps ahead of him.  Because - yeah - I'm that gal....the one who can't let her husband get better than her 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views