Replaced my doctor

Tealeyes
on 3/1/15 2:53 am
VSG on 11/12/14

I had my surgery in November 2014 with a doctor that I liked very much . When it came time for my six week followup the told me that his contract was not renew and I would be seeing the doctor he was in partnership with.  I do NOT like this doctor at all!!!   for those of you who had your surgeries out of the country who did all your followups?  did you just go to your regular doctore?    Just looking for an alternative. 

ShawnS16
on 3/1/15 2:54 am - Battle Creek, MI
with

My PCP does all my follow up!

Tealeyes
on 3/1/15 2:58 am
VSG on 11/12/14

Thanks,  I think that is what I am going to do too.

mickeymantle
on 3/1/15 3:13 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I see my surgeon in the USA twice a year and my pcp twice a year or as needed

I switched my pcp just before surgery (6 months ) to someone that was pro wls( my last one tried to talk me out of it saying my stomach would explode )  my new one is an internist  and takes care of my diabetes , now that my endocrinologist says I don't need him any more  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tealeyes
on 3/1/15 5:06 am
VSG on 11/12/14

Thanks for your reply Mickey...I am going with my PCP too.... He has been my doctor for many years and I trust him 

Thanks

jenn1469
on 3/1/15 5:31 am

I had my surgery out of state and o see my regular doctor he does my blood work

Jennifer

Valerie G.
on 3/1/15 6:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Unless you have any complications, there's no reason your PCP cannot draw labs and monitor your nutrition with you.  Once you're healed and know what you need to do, you don't need a surgeon any longer.  Even with my DS, I ditched my surgeon and have my PCP run my labs for me during my annual physicals.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tealeyes
on 3/1/15 7:14 am
VSG on 11/12/14

That;s kind of how I felt too....thanks for your reply !!

Bettyann

Most Active