Melatonin gummies?

ipray
on 3/2/15 5:15 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I used to take a 3 mg melatonin gummie every night before VSG surgery and it really helped me to sleep.  I am 4 months out and have difficulty sleeping.  Does anyone know if I we can tolerate melatonin?  Also, can we take vitamins, etc in gummie form? Thanks!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/2/15 5:22 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Melatonin would be a question for your doctor and/or pharmacist.

Regarding gummies, you'll want to check the nutrition info on the back. Some gummies contain up to 40 cal per serving and maybe 10 - 15 carbs.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ipray
on 3/2/15 6:00 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Wow! I didn't think about the calories.  Didn't know if we can tolerate the gummie texture.  I can switch to pill form.  As for asking my surgeon, he is not very helpful, that is why I am checking with others to see if they have taken it.  After surgery I asked him if I should continued with Omega 3 and he bluntly told me he does deal with herbal type supplements.  Thanks for your response!    

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/2/15 6:13 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I've had luck with the gummies once in a while (if I'm out of mine and need to steal one from the husband), but if you can handle pills then that's probably the way to go. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GooseGirl
on 3/2/15 10:03 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

My surgeon doesn't want me to use gummies. Maybe instead of asking specifically about melatonin you could call and ask your surgeon a general question about gummies? Lots of vitamins are available in gummie form; perhaps he would be more helpful to answer that as opposed to an "herbal supplement" focused question. Some of these doctors.... SMH.

ipray
on 3/3/15 2:29 am
VSG on 11/06/14

That is a great idea!  I see doctor this Thursday and I will just mention gummies like for vitamins, etc.  Thank you!!!

Most Active