Flying out to Mexico tomorrow for my surgery and the nerves are kicking in!

TanyaR
on 2/27/15 6:58 am

I have never been this nervous in my life, I don't even know what makes me nervous flying out, or having my stomach cut! Please what did you do to calm down, is this normal? I have had 2 other surgery's and never got nervous! I don't want to leave my children behind, :(.

jramsey71
on 2/27/15 7:06 am

I had mine done in Mexico on 1/2/15. Surgery went great. Was really sore after and hated being on the liquid diet. Now I'm doing great. I'm down almost 40 pounds. I'm sure you are going to do great! Best of luck to you!

Beatriz
on 2/27/15 8:16 am

It's totally normal- and you will be fine. I am only 5 days out and the day before I was crying- worried that I was going to leave my babies too.  Good luck!! You will be so happy when it's done!

Height: 5'4".    VSG 2/23/15

HW: 257--SW: 237--CW: 207  

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/15 9:02 am

I wish you all the best in your surgery and recovery.

DeeNY52
on 2/27/15 9:22 am

Went to Tijuana in November with my daughter for her surgery, she's down over 60 pounds.  They will take very good care of you and I promise the facilities are equal to or better than what you'd get in the US.

Good luck - you are on your way to healthy weight!

Dee

LeapSecond
on 2/27/15 9:41 am - AR

It is normal.  What I did was look at before and after pictures on OH and other sites.  It helped me. Wishing you the best.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

karlykay
on 2/27/15 9:54 am

I had surgery in MX on Jan. 21 and I was a nervous wreck, as was my husband who went with me. I even thought about writing a goodbye letter to my son "just in case". But to get through it, I thought about the reasons I needed to do this and if I didn't do it, I was going to die early anyway. Everything with surgery went fine, and even though recovery has been very hard, I am happy with my decision and I think you will be too. Good luck and keep us posted!

Journey2be
on 2/27/15 11:10 am

I feel the same, my surgery is Tuesday. I've updated all my 3 kids' baby books and journaled to them and got before pics and measurements. I think I'm ready but definitely nervous and I'm sure the day of I'll be bawling because I don't want to die and leave my babies without a mom. I have 3 kids 8, 6 and almost 2 so I'm scared to death. So we are in the same boat. I'm sure we'll both be fine but these feelings are completely normal. Good luck I'll be praying your surgery and the travel goes perfectly and I'll see you back here afterwards :) Hugs

jramsey71
on 2/27/15 4:14 pm

I was never really nervous about the surgery. I was just so ready to have it done. About 2 weeks out when the liquid in liquid out phase started I thought what have i done. But that soon passed. It really is a new way of life but I'm so glad I did it!

tstowe
on 2/28/15 9:42 pm

My wife and I both had surgery in Mexico on September 1.

We drove from South Carolina to Atlanta. We flew from Atlanta to San Diego. From there their driver picked us up and drove us to Mexicali, Mexico. After surgery we were driven back and flew home.

We left South Carolina on a Saturday, flew out on Sunday, operated on on Monday, flew home on Thursday, and we were back home on Friday.

Mexico was fine. Everyone at the hotel spoke English. Everyone at the hospital (except one night nurse) was fluent or close to it. The hospital was cleaner than ANY I've seen in the U.S.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Most Active