I can't stop eating

AstridLee
on 3/1/15 8:39 am

I had the VBS 7/23/14 and went from 242 to 207 in a couple of months.  Six months on and I'm constantly hungry and eat all the time. I cannot tell my stomach is 20% of what it was - supposedly. I guess once a food addict, always a food addict.  Feeling very depressed as I'm 66 and this was my last gasp effort. Have I stretched my stomach? I thumped it a while ago and it sounded like a ball full of air.

mickeymantle
on 3/1/15 9:04 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

no you just need to get back on plan

your probably eating to many carbs which will make you hungry

get back to 80 gm protien 30 gm carbs and 65 oz liquid and you will start losing again

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

AstridLee
on 3/1/15 9:05 am

thanks, mickey, i will try, but I feel out of control with eating

Mary Gee
on 3/1/15 9:22 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Astruid ... I had surgery 5/14. I was doing fine....until I added bread. It was low carb bread, and I kept my carbs under 40, but suddenly........trouble. I went cold turkey on the bread. It was tough, and took a few tries, but I'm back on track and losing again. I'm 63, so I understand how you feel..... . .....I hope you can back on track. It won't be easy, but keep fighting. Feel free to PM me anytime.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

AstridLee
on 3/3/15 5:36 am

Thanks so much, Mary. This is day 2 back on track. Keep your fingers crossed! lol

Stacy_WLS
on 3/1/15 10:40 am

Have you tried OA?  It can really help with mental side of the food issues.  

Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Cindi A.
on 3/1/15 11:41 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Like others have noted I feel hungry pretty much only when I eat sugar or carbs. This is blood sugar spiking not really hunger. It can be tough to break the cycle because the more you eat sugar and carbs the more you crave them. Once you stop eating them the cravings should stop.

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

AstridLee
on 3/3/15 5:37 am

Thanks for your help, Cindi. Got back on track yesterday.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/1/15 12:34 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Everyone's torso sounds the same when you thump it, regardless of how much "meat" is inside your abdominal cavity! The only way to stretch your sleeve is by frequently overstuffing it to the point of illness/injury, it's not nearly as common as some may worry.

I agree with others that carbs can mess with your hunger. Acid can do the same; are you on a PPI? It's common for surgeons to prescribe them, but you can likely take an over-the-counter one like Prilosec or Prevacid (if in doubt ask your surgeon/pharmacist) to help.

Dehydration may also be to blame, since we can think we're hungry when we're actually thirsty. Make sure you're drinking as much water/Crystal Light/wtc. as you can!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

AstridLee
on 3/1/15 11:51 pm

Thanks for the reassurance about the thumping sound lol! Starting today, I'm getting back on high protein, from which I veered starting on the holidays - keep your fingers crossed! (and yes, I take a PPI)

Most Active