Full liquid diet question...

Miss_Abbey
on 3/4/15 3:19 am

Should I be able to finish a whole can of cream of chicken soup with my new sleeve?  Seems like a lot of soup, but I am sure I could fini****  I just started my 2nd post week.

Miss_Abbey

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/4/15 4:52 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You probably CAN, but the real question is SHOULD YOU?

Right now the nerves in your stomach have been severed and you won't feel the restriction for a few weeks, usually around the time you start eating solid foods.  After surgery, it's best to measure everything you eat instead of testing how much you can eat.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

NikkyBeauty
on 3/4/15 6:55 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I'm two weeks post op (2/18/2015) and I feel absolutly no restriction either! I feel like I can eat and drink as much as I want but I measure everything i either do 1/4cup or 1/2 cup no more than 4oz. I know the new sleeve can hold a lil over 4oz I believe so I make sure not to eat more than 4oz in any sitting. Just measure and you'll be fine. Although I do wonder when I'll start feeling restriction? But I'm fine without it being that I haven't been hungry in about 3 weeks I hope it stays like this lol 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Miss_Abbey
on 3/4/15 7:04 am

No kidding!  I am not hungry either, but I will say the cream of chicken soup was a welcome relief from chicken broth!  :)

Miss_Abbey

Thebiggestloser
on 3/4/15 9:57 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

As said above your nerves have been cut and your stomach can't tell you right now you're full. Also you are still on fluids - once your stomach heals and you start solids you will feel the restriction. It is very important right now to measure your food and let your stomach heal. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views