Goal celebration?

TeressaJ
on 3/4/15 11:50 am

I'm only 7 pounds from goal and feel very excited. What did you all do to celebrate reaching goal? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/4/15 2:07 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Way to go!!

I can't say I did anything "big" when I reached goal, though I did buy new jeans... same as every other pair I shrank into, LOL. Though I did finally let myself get some nice shoes since my feet stopped shrinking!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Paula1965
on 3/4/15 11:19 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Last time I lost 100 lbs. and got to goal (no surgery) I got my nose pierced. This time around I am planning on a tattoo and of course new clothes! : ). It is fun to have a "prize" planned out!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Tracy D.
on 3/5/15 1:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I drank half a glass of champagne (and then later regretted it).  Honestly, getting to goal was very anti-climactic for me.  And I purposely wanted to avoid falling into prior behavior of "celebrating" a number on the scale.  I'd done that in the past by either using food or buying myself something special.  

I spent my pre-op and post-op months working to get the focus off the scale and any "magical" number and celebrating "goal" just didn't seem like a good thing to do.  I realized on the day that I hit goal that nothing had really changed from the day before...and nothing would change the day after.  I would need to keep getting up, eating the same stuff, tracking my food, exercising, drinking my water, etc.  

Don't get me wrong - I was proud and happy!  But by that point I was like "OK, this is my life, what's today's adventure?" 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views