Nascobal bariatric supplement system

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/15 4:01 am

Today I signed up to participate in the Nascobal bariatric supplement system

home delivery program. Does anyone have experience using this insurance covered program?

Mcconnl3
on 3/6/15 6:47 am
VSG on 09/15/14

I tried it for a while. They are supposed to send you a shipment once a month but they send a shipment about every 18 days.   I took the vitamins for a while but I didn't like them as much as some others I tried so I cancelled the auto ship and am using different vitamins now.  This is a good deal but I didn't like the vitamins and they ship too frenquently.   

NYMom38
on 3/6/15 10:34 am

I used it for the first 2 months after surgery.   My insurance wouldn't cover it after 2 months because they wanted me to use their mail order. The vitamins didn't taste good, but they were free, so I took them.  The Nascobal itself was great and easy to use once a week.

Sleeved 12/3/14

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/15 1:14 pm

Thanks so much for your responses. Some people from the support group suggested to try different brands until I find the best for me, instead of making a commitment to receive supplements by mail.  Honestly, using the B12 nasal spray doesn't sound that appealing to me.

I'm going to select from the list my nutritionist gave me. So far I'm thinking of buying Bariatric Advantage on line. I'll go to Trader Joe's, Vitamin Shoppe and other stores to check for some other brands on the list of recommended supplements next week.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/7/15 3:06 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I get sublingual B12 at the pharmacy. Little cherry tablet that you stick under your tongue and it dissolves, easy peasy, surgeon-approved.

Vitamin Shoppe has Bariatric Advantage, I've picked them up there in the past.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/15 6:38 am

Julie,

Thank's for your response it's appreciated!

Most Active