Healthier Spinach Artichoke Dip

MAchick
on 3/27/15 8:51 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I got a hankering for spinach artichoke dip today, which I haven't had in a LONG time. I won't even go near the stuff because I know how caloric and addicting it is. I made my own version, centered around nonfat Greek yogurt and a bit of cheese.

Spinach artichoke dip

-1/2 small onion, minced

-one clove garlic, minced

-1/2 tsp garlic powder

-1/2 tsp onion powder

-1.5 c chopped, frozen spinach

-1 c frozen artichoke hearts

-one 5.3oz container nonfat Greek yogurt

-2oz neufchatel cheese

-1/4 cup mozzarella/cheddar shredded cheese mix

-1 tbs grated parmesan

Saute the onion and garlic in a smidge of olive oil or pan spray until the onion is translucent. Add in the spinach and artichoke hearts and heat through, I use medium high heat. Add the Greek yogurt and neufchatel cheese until heated through again on medium, then add in the shredded and parmesan cheese. Heat and stir until  fully warmed. I seasoned with pepper, seasoned salt to taste.

It was really good, and only a fraction of the calories! I divided it into four servings, each serving 95 calories and 9 grams of protein, 5 carbs. I prefer the taste of neufchatel cheese over cream cheese in recipes, plus it has less fat and calories. You can easily sub other shredded cheeses with this, and leave out the grated parmesan.

Farmersdaughter2
on 3/27/15 10:16 am
VSG on 12/15/14

Thank you for sharing your recipe.  I have been craving this dip for a while.  I will be making this right away!

VSG Surgery 12/15/14      HW 247,  SW 212, CW 163

NoRegrets4Me
on 3/27/15 10:44 am
VSG on 04/21/15

Thanks! I love dips made with non fat plain greek yogurt!

Most Active