My mornings post sleeve

Queen_Q89
on 3/29/15 12:53 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

so im a month and 10 days post sleeve. In the past i have not done good with eating and gettings protein but im a work in progress. So I decided that it was time for me to get back to work yesterday. Things went okay besides the fact that I didnt really eat anything until about 8pm. (I left my food home) luckily I had fluids throughout the day. In my opinion I do a good job with getting in my fluids (minus protein shakes). But my urine is still very dark yellow. I was able to eat a good amount of oatmeal this morning (about 1 1/2 oz) around 7a.m. This really surprised me because im in the puree stage and im usually only able to have a couple tablespoons of food before I am full. On an average day after being sleeved I have noticed that I am ALWAYS extremely DIZZY when ever I stand up. Today at work I bent over to pick something up and I think that I almost passed out!! Seriously! I was dazed in a sense! After I stood up straight I had no recollection of what had happened to me just seconds before!! I know that im still early out, but is this normal?? I have a doctors appointment on the 7th, but that feels like a long time to me! I never have energy either! Ive never had any of these problems until after I became sleeved! Has anyone experienced this?? Any thoughts/ suggestions? 

mickeymantle
on 3/29/15 2:03 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I would talk to my pcp getting dizzy is not normal , you might have low blood pressure or low blood sugar

and dark urine usually means your not drinking enough which will also make you dizzy

you need minimum 65 oz water

1 1/2 of soft food is very little , you must have a very small sleeve I would check with my surgeon to see if thatn is normal with his sleeves 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/29/15 3:31 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You need to see your dr or call them b4 the 7th & tell them what your experiencing, or just go to the E.R. Being dizzy & almost passing out is not normal, get checked out to make sure you're ok. 

Eating oatmeal at 10 days out? Check your plan with a nutritionist. Oatmeal is high in carbs, you might be getting a sugar high followed by a crash. High carbs is usually not eaten. Everyones plan is different, but high carbs, especially refined carbs are usually not in line with a post wls lifestyle.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Queen_Q89
on 3/29/15 3:44 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15
On March 29, 2015 at 10:31 AM Pacific Time, 1lasttime wrote:

You need to see your dr or call them b4 the 7th & tell them what your experiencing, or just go to the E.R. Being dizzy & almost passing out is not normal, get checked out to make sure you're ok. 

Eating oatmeal at 10 days out? Check your plan with a nutritionist. Oatmeal is high in carbs, you might be getting a sugar high followed by a crash. High carbs is usually not eaten. Everyones plan is different, but high carbs, especially refined carbs are usually not in line with a post wls lifestyle.

Whatever is going on I'm sure is not a "sugar high". As far as the oatmeal its fine for me to have its okay to eat it on the puree stage of the post op diet. Also I'm a month and ten days out, you misread the post. Im almost certain that I might not be getting in enough protein and fluids, so most likely I'm dehydrated. Hopefully not.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/29/15 3:50 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ok, sorry about that, but get checked out anyway, or just call, better safe than sorry.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 3/29/15 4:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My plan listed things like oatmeal too... but that didn't mean I had to eat it!  There are better options.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 3/29/15 4:06 am, edited 3/29/15 4:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Oatmeal isn't a great choice for a meal - it's got a lot of carbs and practically no protein.  You should be prioritizing protein right now.  

Are you taking blood pressure medication?  You might need to stop it if you are.  Also look up orthostatic hypertension.  You definitely want to talk to your doctor about this.  Preferably before the 7th.  

How much fluid are you getting in each day?  If you're getting around 64 ounces, work on getting that up to 96.  

And yikes - not eating all day is super unhealthy!!  You might want to leave some good options in your desk so that you don't get stuck without food again.  

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Spindarella_2015
on 3/29/15 4:14 am

I wouldn't necessarily aim for an abitrary amount of fluids. 64 ounces is the minimum however you should be drinking enough fluid so that your urine runs clear and you are not symptomatic. Some of the amounts of fluid recommended on this site may not necessarily be right for you. You should definitely contact your PCP prior to your appointment. Near syncope is not normal and has many etiologies. The most likely cause with sleevers is probably dehydration. 

Good luck and and stay healthy.

VSG on 01/23/2015

Queen_Q89
on 3/29/15 4:15 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15
On March 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM Pacific Time, Gwen M. wrote:

Oatmeal isn't a great choice for a meal - it's got a lot of carbs and practically no protein.  You should be prioritizing protein right now.  

Are you taking blood pressure medication?  You might need to stop it if you are.  Also look up orthostatic hypertension.  

How much fluid are you getting in each day?  If you're getting around 64 ounces, work on getting that up to 96.  

And yikes - not eating all day is super unhealthy!!  You might want to leave some good options in your desk so that you don't get stuck without food again.  

No. I don't have any kind of B/P problems. Its normal. I was thinking ortho htn also , but My b/p is normal whether I'm sitting standing or changing positions. I do private duty nursing and yesterday was my first day back to work since surgery. I forgot to grab my lunch bag. Even so I never really have time to eat whenI'm  at work, because Im always so busy with my patients. Luckily its just the weekends for now. Im about 35 lbs down in only a month post op I'm not sure if thats good or bad, butI'm  honestly starting to think that I made a mistake getting wls. 

Gwen M.
on 3/29/15 4:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If you're unable to eat properly due to your job and also chose a surgeon that doesn't give you a comprehensive post-op eating plan, maybe you did make a mistake.  But you can't undo it now, so best to figure out how to make your new stomach work best with your lifestyle!  

Talk to your doctor.  Get your fluids up and see if that helps your urine color.  Keep some ready to drink protein shakes at work.  You'll be able to figure this out :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views