Medical clearance letter

Jennifer J.
on 4/18/15 1:13 pm - Manassas, VA
with

So everything has been submitted to my surgeon to be sent off for insurance approval. The only thing missing is my letter from a doctor. How did you all go about asking for this letter? The first medical opinion I had about wls was from my Ob-gyn. So idk if I should ask her. I had a physical done by my pcp in December and mentioned the letter but they never gave me one. So idk what to do. What do the letters generally contain in it? 

Mary Gee
on 4/18/15 4:27 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Very frustrated -- I just wrote this long response, was about to hit "Submit" and my computer crashed and letter was lost.  

Anyway, I drafted a letter for my PCP to review and sign.  First, I checked with insurer to check their requirements, because I wanted the letter to address all issues.  Take a look at Medical Necessity under Resources on the blue bar at the top of the page.  You want one letter to do the trick

First, I want to start off by saying my PCP brought up WLS several times over the years, so that, in itself was a big plus, he was he was willing to help me in any way he could.

So - my letter stated I had been a patient since _____.  My highest weight was 380 pounds.  I had been on numerous diets:  Weigh****chers; Atkins; Nutrisytem; Jenny Craig; Hypnosis; etc. My medical issues included:  Congenitive Heart Failure; High Blood Pressure; Sleep Apnea; Neuropathy; Tendonitis; Arthritis; etc.  WLS was necessary in his opinion.

His letter was submitted, and surgery was approved.  I love my PCP!  

Good luck to you.  Just keep plugging away, jumping through whatever hoops they put in front of you.  It is worth the effort.  My life has improved greatlyl

GUNG HO!!    I wish you the best!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active