Reached 1st Goal!

Spindarella_2015
on 4/19/15 2:14 am

Today I hit 50# weight loss. I had hoped that by the time I was due for my 3 month follow up, I'd be down at 50#s and I am.

Has anyone noticed fatigue really catching up with them? I just lose steam around 7 pm. I'm exercising 5 days a week doing cardio including two 1/2 hr sessions per week with a personal trainer. I'm getting 77,000-98,000 step per week (I include a 3 mile run 3-4 days a week). I feel fabulous, but with the days finally getting nicer in the Northeast, I hate to go to bed at 7:30-8pm.

I'll be getting bloodwork done to check my reserves this week during my follow up.

I post when I can and have greatly benefitted from the advice and lessons learned from others. Your support has been appreciated.

Good luck to all on their journey to good health and an authentic life 🙏

VSG on 01/23/2015

Sparky50
on 4/19/15 4:10 am
VSG on 07/21/15

Congrats! 50 lbs in 3 months is fantastic! I am still at the pre-op stage and meeting my pre-surgery requirements. I love hearing about the experience of others going through this process and have high hopes that my weight loss will be rapid too :-)

I attended a support group a last week, and there was someone there with a similar complaint.  The surgeon told him that based on the amount of exercise he was doing, he may more calories than was initially recommended. 

Please continue to update us on your progress!

Shel25
on 4/19/15 4:24 am

You have had a great start!  I am about 4.5 months out (go**** feels like it should be longer than that!)  At the 3 month mark I went thru a very low energy phase much like you described: active during the day, but oh so ready for bed way too early.

I saw my PCP who agreed to stop my last blood pressure med thinking that the lowish blood pressure might be contributing.  She commented that daily exercise combined with low caloric intake might also be playing a part but she didn't suggest increasing calories....she left that up to dietican/surgeon.  My 3 month labs came up low in Magnesium, K and (oddly) Vitamin A. Everything else was aok. 

My fatigue dissipated after about 10-14 days.  I had just barely started my magnesium and vitamin supplements so I doubt they had anything to do with it.  By the time my energy improved, my blood pressure was up into a more normal range without medication.  So, perhaps lowish blood pressure was root cause??? Or maybe something else, entirely...I will never know. 

Hope you energy improves soon! I live in the Pacific Northwest and am also enjoying the sun setting later and later.  I love the amount of activity you are getting. I hope to make it there at some point.  

~Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Jana S.
on 4/19/15 1:08 pm

Way to go!!  You are doing amazing!!  Just slow down some of the exercise if you are that tired.  It will come off.  Remember, It didn't come on in a day and it wont come off in a day either.  Take this whole year and you will certainly see great changes!

Jana

I've been sleeved!!

Surgery date....Sept 10th, 2014

Most Active