Protein Smoothie I've Been LOVING

slyons59
on 4/15/15 12:30 pm

Hey, Everyone! I haven't posted in a while so I though I would just drop in and share my favorite protein smoothie recipe. I have a Ninja Bullet blender so I get perfect 16oz shakes every time. Here's the recipe:

1. About 4 to 5 ice cubes

2. 1 cup of protein plus skim milk (love the added protein!)

3. 1 container of dannon light and fit yogurt (greek or regular, and I prefer strawberry but I use other flavors like vanilla or peach as well)

4. 1 scoop of GNC unflavored protein (you can substitute a flavor but I like to taste the fruit instead of protein)

5. 2 to 3 medium strawberries (cut into quarters)

6. small handful of blueberries (super fruit!)

7. small handful of blackberries

8. blend everything together and get a pretty purple smoothie that is absolutely delicious!

All together this smoothie has about 40 to 45 grams of protein in it and is a refreshing meal replacement. It's very filling but it gives me about half of my protein that I need for the day which is fantastic. If anyone else has a go-to smoothie recipe post back! I'd love to shake it up a bit (pun intended) 

nursebonnie
on 4/15/15 10:22 pm
VSG on 08/19/14

How many calories?

slyons59
on 4/16/15 7:46 am

I'm not sure how many calories. For my plan my nutritionist said that I just had to focus on less carbs and more protein so I more focus on that than how many calories it is.

ipray
on 4/15/15 11:23 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Yum! Can't wait to try this! Can't beat the protein! Thanks!

Tracy D.
on 4/16/15 2:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

What's the carbohydrate count on that?  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/16/15 2:40 am

lots lots and then some...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tracy D.
on 4/16/15 2:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

...Pobably...no such thing as a low-carb fruit smoothie, right Hala?  

Now that I'm in maintenance I do higher carbs but I have to be so careful because my blood sugar (Type 2 diabetic off all meds) will STILL shoot up into the stratosphere and then crash with this kind of thing.  

I wish they would invent a low-carb fruit smoothie 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/16/15 2:59 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Just wondering what's the carb, sugar & calorie count, with everything you have in there it sounds good but it sounds like a lot of sugar too Maybe this is good for people in maintenance? My Dr doesn't want me to drink my calories while in wl mode. I'm not sure how low the berries are on the glycemic index.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 4/16/15 3:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is definitely not a part of my plan. Too much sugar from all the fruit. My only liquid calories allowed are from protein shakes which are negligible in the carb department. 

Looks tasty though!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

slyons59
on 4/16/15 7:51 am

I don't know the specifics about the sugar and carb content but for my plan my NUT told me to do smoothies for my protein. My sleeve does not like protein all by itself (I have a hard time with pre-made shakes and I've tried just protein powder in water or milk and my sleeve hates it. I get horrible stomach aches, and they just taste horrible to me which is a problem I did not have pre-op). The important thing is that I am getting my protein in, for my particular case. Most of the time I am using this as a meal/snack replacement. It's not intended for just a light snack.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views