to eat or not to eat?

i8it77
on 4/17/15 5:49 am
VSG on 04/21/15

Started 9 day diet early in hopes someone would cancel thier surgery and I could slide in their place. my actual date is the 28th. No one has cancelled as yet But the receptionist told me someone could cancell Monday. I ammmmm soooooo hungry. Do I continue with the diet making it a 16 day spread or do I go ahead and eat tonight,tomorrow and start back on the diet Sunday...My fear is if I do eat they will call me saying I could slide in. If I don't eat my fear is continuing to be hungry for another 10 days. It is hard watching my husband eat and smelling food Nd preparing food and feeding my son is hard to. what to do?

Gwen M.
on 4/17/15 7:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

What does your pre-op diet entail?  

Can your husband handle feeding your child?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 4/17/15 7:32 am - Woburn, MA

Stick with it - you have committed to your new life...or don't give it up entirely - supplement over the next few days with lean protein or veggies.  Good luck!

VSG on 04/28/2014

mickeymantle
on 4/17/15 9:16 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

stick with it the first day or so is the hardest , I had to do it twice my surgery was postponed a month because I had an infection

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

psychoticparrot
on 4/17/15 11:52 am

The first few days of the pre-op liquids are very hard, but it gets much easier after that. Having said that, 16 days is a l-o-n-g time to stay on liquids. The good news is that you will drop weight quickly before your surgery, making the procedure easier for your surgeon with less risk to you.

If you don't mind, I just can't resist:

"To eat, or not to eat, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to gobble
The Fries and Burgers of outrageous Calories,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of Junk Food,
And by opposing, resist them? To sniff, to eat—
No more; and by eating, to say we sate
The Head Hunger, and the thousand extra Pounds
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be avoided. To sniff, to eat,
To eat, perchance to Gorge; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that Bliss of Gorging, what weight may come,