Been a while since I posted, so here's what's going on

TallBadger2015
on 4/25/15 9:44 am

SV's, NSV's, Protein, etc....

I'm 5 months out from VSG and I'm currently down 80lbs from the process (15 pre-surgery liquid diet, 65 post surgery) and I'm down just over 100lbs from my highest recorded weight. 

I've had to drill several holes in my belt to keep up with the weight loss, 8 total if I'm not mistaken.

I've had to buy new and new to me clothes and that's costing me a small fortune, thank goodness for tax returns.....

Protein:  As far as protein goes, I've switched to Optimum Nutrition Whey and it's the best I have tried.  Also, I recommend Quest Nutrition for a great protein bar (one that has a high amount of fiber as well).  The bars are pricey ($2 - $2.50 each), but by the time you buy enough of the other bars to equal the amount of protein in a Quest bar, they end up costing less.  I usually use the Quest bar as a meal, it is very filling and keeps me satisfied for several hours.

Exercise:  I'm about to start week 4 of a C25K and all I can say is that it works.  Sometimes it's difficult, but it's a lot of psyching myself out to push my body past where it wants to quit.  It hasn't been easy, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. 

Highest Recorded Weight: 454/Starting Weight:  433.7/Surgery Weight:  419/Current Weight:  353

Goose Bump
on 4/26/15 1:30 am

Congrats!!! Sounds like your doing amazing!! C25k is awesome and a great motivator! Keep up the great work! 

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

Joanna B
on 4/26/15 1:57 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Congratulations on the weight loss!! You are doing an AMAZING job!!!

Most Active