DAY 4 POST OP

brittanyp_vsg
on 5/3/15 1:38 am
VSG on 04/29/15

Surgery was 4/29 and I can't believe how easy this has been. I've been in very little pain and no nausea whatsoever, which I'm so thankful for. I've been able to get down at least 32 oz of fluids each day. I can start all of my protein shakes and cream based liquids today, so I can really begin focusing on those 40g of protein now!

I'm confused as to how I should know when to drink/eat a shake/have a soup. Since I'm experiencing no hunger whatsoever, it's hard for me to tell when I should eat again. I haven't gotten sick yet, so I'm trying to avoid overeating as best I can.

Any advice will help! Thanks :-)

mickeymantle
on 5/3/15 2:29 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I would focus on getting 65 oz water first , I wAS  allowed first staGE  baby food (no lumps) as a full liquid

organic Turkey and gravy or chicken and gravy was like heaven after all the pudding and jello (I havent had jello since then I got so sick of eating it )

my plan said if it went thru a strainer it was full liquid

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Joanna B
on 5/3/15 2:32 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

I think it depends on your plan. Some plans require 3 meals a day and some allow 3 meals with snacks. I would check with your NUT about this. Right now I eat 3 meals a day and one "snack" (which is usually protein based...Like cottage cheese or baked beans). Protein drinks would count as a meal or snack.  I also measure everything I eat. This helps me so that I do not over eat. I am about 2-32.56 ounces per meal.

Congratulation on your surgery and fast recovery!!! =]

Kaykay_39
on 5/3/15 8:48 am

I had my surgery the same day & I also haven't felt any pain expect when I bent over to clean. I was told to start my protein shakes and all other liquids when I got home soooo that's what I did. Today I felt light headed so I made one scrabbled egg, chewed it till about it was like liquid and couldn't fini**** all but I felt great after. been drinking my water since I love it anyway and protein shakes. Good luck to you!

Gwen M.
on 5/3/15 9:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I sipped all day while on liquids.  My goals were 60 grams of protein and 64 ounces of liquids.  I'd start with 16 ounces of protein shake, then crystal light, and then an 8 ounce shake around dinner time.  

This worked really well for me!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views