6 months out

happytoloose
on 5/3/15 5:21 am

Hey sleevers,

I just past the 6 month mark. I had a vit d deficiency but am taking 4000 units a day now, seems to help.

I still cant eat all my protein on a daily basis, doing great on liquids though, 100 oz a day no sweat.

ive lost a ton of weight since the start of the program, and though it has slowed a bit, the pounds keep coming off.

my activity level has skyrocketed, by breathing has so improved that I can run in short bursts now. about 100 yards full gallop.

haven't been able to do that in many years. I really have no appetite to speak of and have to remind myself to eat. still not 100 percent yet but getting closer every day.

each day is different than the last. still feel tired more often than normal but push through it best I can.

When did you veterans start adding carbs to your diet? Did it make a difference in energy levels? I slowed my workout regimin to 3 times a week, just cardio, no weights. seems to have kicked the weightloss back into gear. will start again when closer to goal weight.

Hope your expectations are being met, mine sure are.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE

Rod

frisco
on 5/3/15 6:09 am

Sounds like your doing great !

The biggest downfall hands down is people "adding" at or around the 6 month mark.

Sure, people have done it..... most that start adding never make goal.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/15 8:59 am, edited 5/3/15 9:11 am
VSG on 12/16/14

There is nothing wrong with eating carbs. You should be eating them by now 33-40 grams. No refined carbs such as white breads, pasta, rice, etc. Just good carbs! green veggies, fruit, whole wheat,etc. We need carbs to keep us functioning and brain wise too. Just protein is not enough plus it becomes boring after a while. Eventually you 're going to have to learn how to deal with carbs. There's no getting around it. 

Gwen M.
on 5/3/15 9:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I definitely wouldn't start adding carbs until you're reaching your protein goals every day.  I started adding in a bite or two of veg at dinners once I was able to comfortably get my protein in every day.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Tracy D.
on 5/4/15 4:31 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I didn't add anything as far as "recreational" carbs (fruit, Ezekial bread, etc.****il maintenance.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

lovingme9908
on 5/5/15 8:10 am
VSG on 10/06/14

I'm 7 months out and I can tell you that I did not deny myself carbs. Now I will say, carbs are on my plate and if I can eat the measured protein and I have room left, I will eat some carbs. I work out 3-4 times a week and I feel really good. I've made the personal decision to work out 3-4 times as a life style change. I started having better energy when I started drinking more water. Good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views