4days post ob!

Kaykay_39
on 5/3/15 8:39 am

Ok so today I experienced pain when I bend down to pick something up off the floor. Hurt so bad I had to hold my stomach and sit down. I don't remember anyone telling me that would be a side effect. Today I also ate one scrabbled egg. I was so dizzy and light headed and I started feeling hungry. I stuck to just protein but the shakes weren't helping. It did take me about 20min to eat the one egg and I wind up giving the last spoon to my dog but it felt good. Now if I can just get rid of the pain when I bend over.

TeressaJ
on 5/3/15 1:18 pm

Wow, I didn't get to have an egg until 6 weeks post op! I felt dizzy a lot early on, too. I still do, at 10 months post op, if I don't eat or drink enough. I also learned early on tummy growling does not indicate hunger.

Pianolover
on 5/3/15 3:02 pm

You just had major abdominal surgery, so of course your abdomen will be sore for a while! Bend at the knees to pick something up so your abdomen is kept straight....don't bend at the waist. I had a travel pillow attached to me pretty much 24/7 for splinting during the first two weeks or so.

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

MommaGbear
on 5/4/15 1:45 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

Drink drink drink. I would not recommend eating anything not on your plan - particularly solid food. The last thing you want it to pop the sutures on your healing stomach! Then you are in real trouble.

You are gonna be sore for a while. Let other people pick the stuff up off the floor! Or get one of those claw things. And for sure bend at the knees when you do bend. This is a major surgery, so remember to treat your body as though it's been through something...cause it has!

Good luck!

Most Active