In hospital, not sure when I can go home

BabyBlues79
on 5/23/15 3:33 pm
VSG on 05/07/15

I'm two weeks post op. I WAS FINE. I woe up two days ago with stomach pain. I can't keep water or ice chips down. They are telling me they may keep me and feed me via picc line FOR A FEW WEEKS . I really dont want that. I have pancreatitis and have vomitted blood. I followed my surgeons diet strictly and was on all liquids up until the day I was admitted. I don't know what is wrong and neither do they. They seem to think some swelling may be causing a sort of blockage. Has anyone else had this happen?? I'm desperate to hear that I'm going to be okay and that I can go home. 

Feeling so depressed :(

Ellie333
on 5/23/15 4:07 pm - Canada

Hi, my name is Ellie and I had a similar experience that turned out to be a pin hole leak that turned out to be 110% treatable.  I also had a picc line for 11 days because they do not want you to use your new tummy until fully healed.  If this is the case with you, try not to be depressed, it is a bump in your road to recovery but as I said earlier, with proper treatment you will be "right as rain" in no time.  All the best for a speedy recovery and just know that even though I went through a difficult time at first, I would do it again.  I am 3 months out and have no regrets, you will feel the same way, just be patient with your recovery.

Cheers...Ellie

LeapSecond
on 5/24/15 3:14 am - AR

So sorry you are feeling depressed. It is scary to look down and see blood but it doesn't take a lot of blood to look like bunches.  picc line feed may have to be your new plan for a time but pancreatitis doesn't go well with food. My prayers of healing are with you.  Heal fast and well.  Continue to follow the dr instructions.  Keep us updated.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

gwen41539
on 5/24/15 10:40 am - kimper, KY

Hang in there we are here for you post updates and rants etc I can't imagine what you are going through it has to suck...but this too shall pass they will find the problem soon and treat it and you will be back to normal I know you must be going stir crazy too :(

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

samanthalc
on 5/25/15 8:03 pm
with

I keep checking back to see how you are.  My thoughts are with you...

BabyBlues79
on 5/27/15 7:42 am
VSG on 05/07/15

I was finally able to come home last night. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts

breathemusic
on 5/26/15 8:14 am

I had a leak about 5 weeks out (or at least that's when my body finally violently reacted to the leak) and had to have the PICC line for about a month.  On the plus side, they can show you how to swap out the bags and all that jazz on your own so you can just carry around a backpack and you can go home with the PICC line.  You shouldn't need to stay in the hospital the whole time.  Though I would imagine they'll keep you until they're sure of the problem and the fix.  Even with my leak I'd still do the surgery and everything all over again, so don't get discouraged!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views