I'm back (again) with life updates

Linda B.
on 5/24/15 3:34 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Hi Everyone, Mike B and I have been MIA for a while, but for a good reason. We have spent the last couple of months downsizing our stuff and getting our home ready for sale. We are planning on moving to Colorado this summer if we can sell our house, find a new one, and most important, find jobs.

Mike has also been suffering through a broken foot. That has meant, no running. It turns out that it was small and not visible on X-ray, so after 8 weeks in a walking cast boot with no improvement, he had an MRI that showed the problem. So, after our spring break trip to house hunt, he had to go into a cast for 4 weeks. He is just now able to use the treadmill and do about a mile.

I have competed as well through all of this. I am now preparing for a big competition in Tahoe next month. I am going to skate three programs, a technical, a light entertainment piece, and a drama piece. The light entertainment was crafted for the NorCal crowd. It is a light hearted tribute to Candlestick park and the 49ers. Now, I just have to find a place to stay that won't break the bank.

Oh, we broke out our summer clothes, and they still fit, this is a new concept for us, going more than a year without changing sizes. I love my VSG.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Gwen M.
on 5/24/15 4:15 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Aside from the foot, it sounds like things are going well!  

And woah on the not changing sizes thing.  It's funny since, right now, I've saved my Winter clothes and hope that they WON'T fit next winter, but I'm sort of afraid to get rid of them in case this is too good to be true.  I look forward to not feeling that way in the future :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/15 10:52 pm

Great to hear from you! Wish I had known you were moving to CO! I just sold my uncle's house for a song. His home was in Lakewood (close suburb of Denver). What's the prospect of finding teaching jobs there? Housing is so reasonable in comparison to CA. Hopefully, you'll find jobs and the perfect house!

Best wishes to you both!

Linda B.
on 5/25/15 9:42 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I am so bummed that I missed that house. Lakewood is one of the suburbs we are considering. Mike has had a few phone/Skype interviews, I've scored one. We are applying to most of the districts in the area, and a few charter schools as well.

We currently live in the high desert, so housing is much less expensive that the LA area or up where you are. The Denver area is a bit more expensive, and not much is on the market right now. This will prove to be a bit of a challenge. We are hoping it all falls into place soon. We would like to be settled and unpacked in time to prepare for the new school year.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Shagdoll
on 5/26/15 2:20 pm

You and Mike rock, Linda!

good luck with the move & congrats on your continued success!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active