Stressed, just rambling.

Oliviawashere
on 6/11/15 9:21 am

Everything seems to have been easy going thus far. However, I recently ran into little lifes number we like to call stress. I just never realize how much stress impacts my life & motivation until now. Things with my job & being switched locations, and not getting along with new staff. Just makes me stressed, taking my focus off eating the right foods & lack of exercise. I am trying so hard to hit that 199 mark, and I'm only 3lbs away, but those 3lbs have been teeter-tottering for a week or so now. It's almost like i'm self-sabotaging. & when I think of things like this it only makes me feel not good enough. I've only lost 81lbs in almost 5 months, and feel like I should be closer to 100lb loss.

I've also found the effects of not drinking water & the stopping of miralax, which wound me up in the ER. That was not a pleasent day to say the least. I wish I could find the motivation to focus, and to keep on my goal. I lack hobbies, so I'm not sure what I can do to just focus on me.

wyo_sarah
on 6/11/15 9:30 am

I'm super stressed too.  It makes life very difficult.  I'm super stressed right now too and I just want to eat and eat.  I'm stuck in my office today and can't leave.  It would have been smart to just bring good food for me to eat, which I mostly did, but I also brought a bag of kettle corn.  It was super to do, but when I'm stressed and bored I want to eat.

I think you are doing good at 81 lbs at 5 months post op.  I think that is about where I was.  Good luck and I hope you start to feel better.  My hobby is crocheting.  It helps keep my hands busy so that I'm not focused on not being able to eat.

Loser2542
on 6/11/15 10:06 am

Stress can be a beast, and get the best of us. Have you tried some deep breathing? It's something very simple that you can do for yourself. I've been struggling lately, and if I take just a little bit of time for myself, I know it does wonders.

Also, try not to focus on where you "should be." I certainly wouldn't consider 81 pounds in almost 5 months anything other than a great success. Remember, it doesn't matter how long it takes to lose the weight, but it is much more important on how long you keep it off.

Thanks to the suggestions on this site, I have recently taken up coloring. I find it very relaxing.

Best of luck to you!

Monica

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

cappy11448
on 6/11/15 10:36 am

yup, I've had a lot of stress the last few months, as well.  So much so that I quit my job. Now I'm stressing over my new role in the organization, and my potential replacements as Executive Director.  I haven't stopped caring about the organization, I just don't want to be responsible adult any longer.  Its too much of burden for me. 

My weight also plateaued just over 200 for the longest time.  But it eventually reached 199.  That was a happy day.  So have faith.  If you follow your program, its just a matter of time. 

In terms of the stress,  I'll quote a folk philosopher I know:  He says "Remember who's driving."  God's driving. He's in charge. All we need to do is show up every day and do our best.  Its when we try to be in charge that we get into trouble.  Hang in there.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

alouisa63
on 6/11/15 6:25 am, edited 6/11/15 11:17 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

....... I'll quote a folk philosopher I know:  He says "Remember who's driving",  God's driving. He's in charge. All we need to do is show up every day and do our best" 

Thank you - I really needed that today

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/11/15 11:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The last few to get into onederland are SUCH a pain! Everybody loses at a different rate, there's no mark that you "should" hit. As long as you're being diligent, it will happen!

For stress relief, I'm hooked on those dumb little match games on my phone. I have probably four or five that I play-- Puzzle Quest, Candy Crush, Juice Jam... They're silly, but they keep my brain busy! Plus they're free :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Meghan704
on 6/11/15 11:46 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Olivia-- this is unrelated but I messaged you last week with some last minute questions about the Kane center. Did you happen to read it?! Thanks! :)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/11/15 2:33 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I started meditating using an app called Headspace about two months ago.  The program I'm doing right now is for stress.  I find that it helps me to calm down and refocus my energy to deal with stress.  

I'm also taking a Qi Gong class, which is a form of Tai Chi.  Again, this is something I use to not only reduce stress, but to help with balance and focus.  And I find that regular exercise is a great outlet for stress.

And if that's not enough, someone recommended adult coloring books to me as a stress reducer.  I have to say, I was skeptical at first, but find that it's a great creative outlet that doesn't require a lot of skill.  Here's the coloring book I'm working on now:

colo

I deal with a great deal of stress at my office, so I understand that it can trigger bad behaviors.  I'm trying to find ways of coping that don't come back to food.  Don't give up.  Find outlets for your stress that you can enjoy.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

gettingreal
on 6/11/15 6:08 pm

First - I'm praying for you.  Stress is tough.

Second - "I've only lost 81 lbs" almost made me laugh out loud!  That's a lot of weight!  Celebrate it!

Third - everyone on here has moments when they are off track.  Recommit to the program, and be kind to yourself always.

Fourth - You're in control of whether or not you have hobbies.  There are some great suggestions on her.  I would add - volunteer.  It'll make you feel amazing and will brighten someone else's day.

Last - God is in control.  Take it to Him!

Best to you!

Most Active