Seriously jonesin' for salt!

Keeks911
on 6/12/15 8:30 pm - SALEM, OR

I am on day 9 of my post op liquid diet and am jonesin' bad for salt. So many things I can have, yogurt, vitamin water, are all sweet. I don't like the sweet. I have tried some of those box liquid soups and they are so bland. Even chicken broth (low sodium) is flat.

What can I have??

Julie81
on 6/12/15 9:55 pm

Ugh I remember the misery! Cream of chicken soup.. Pacific organic kind.. Saved me!

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

Keeks911
on 6/12/15 9:59 pm - SALEM, OR

Cream of Chicken sounds amazing. And it is misery. Really all I want is a nice bowl of Skinny Pop. 😇

chubbs54
on 6/12/15 10:12 pm

Oh yeah I love the Skinny Pop.

Julie81
on 6/12/15 10:51 pm

My first meal ( and yes I had it a little earlier than I was suppose too) but you know your body.. Was guacamole from chipotle with refried beans ( from the can) and melted cheese. It was like I injected herioin ( not that I would know what that's like lol).. You get the jist!! Three more days.. Your almost there! And your first bite will be that good.

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

Linz84
on 6/13/15 8:47 am

I'm so glad I'm not the only one addicted to Chipolte's guacamole! When I was moved to soft foods one of the first things I asked was if I could have guac without the chunks. I'll get the barbacoa (kids meal with the beans) and moisten it with the guac. It's like a little slice of heaven! 

Bufflehead
on 6/13/15 4:08 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Unjury chicken soup flavored protein kept me going through four weeks of liquids post-op. And if you are missing salt, boy, it will scratch that itch for you. The sodium count is off the charts.

JoeyJo
on 6/13/15 5:12 am - NJ

I put Campbell's potato soup made with milk instead of water in the blender with some unflavored protein powder.  That was my favorite!  Super salty.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 6/13/15 12:47 am, edited 6/13/15 12:47 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I second the unjury chicken soup protein.  It was amazing when I had that flavor!! You can order single serving packets on their website to try. I got two of a few different ones. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Keeks911
on 6/13/15 10:03 am - SALEM, OR

You guys are FANTASTIC!  Thank you for all the suggestions. I need to visit unjury's website. I'd never heard of it. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views