Lithium Orotate- worth checking out-

happyteacher
on 7/2/15 8:05 am

I caught part of a show on lithium and decided to check it out a bit more. This is not the prescription stuff for mental health I am referring to, but rather a nutritional supplement such as this one.  Long story short, I decided to try it and found that it works better for me than my adderol xr when it comes to dealing with ADHD issues. There are documented benefits in reducing depression, bipolar issues, mood enhancement, reducing firbromyalgia symptoms, migraine reduction, and the list goes on and on. I can confirm that it all but eliminates the "racing thoughts", improves focus, mellows you out (less prone to being irritable, happier), and sleeping better. Here is a site that explains some of the benefits. The product I started using is here and I take one in the morning and one in the evening, no side effects. It took about 24 hours to notice improvement. Check out the Amazon reviews for how it affected people.  Just sharing, as it may be helpful to others.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/2/15 11:46 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Interesting.  I've never heard of this before.  Thanks for posting the info.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

ipray
on 7/2/15 7:11 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

I have had severe ADHD (with anxiety) all of my life and have tried everything medication available. ADHD plus anxiety is very hard to treat because it usually requires two medications, one for each sympton. One medication for anxiety may work, while another for ADHD may not or vice versa.  Something may help one person and do absolutely nothing for the next.  I am interested in trying something new, if it will help me, but I hesitate because I have been disappointed so often. Although, I must say that the cost for this is reasonable, so worth trying.  If it works, I will be in total debt to you!  Thanks for providing the information. (I just hope it doesn't make me hungry!)

happyteacher
on 7/3/15 5:44 am

I don't think it will make you hungry. I have been using it long enough now that if it were an appetite stiumulent I would know :) I can't promise you that it will knock out all of your symptoms, but I do truly feel like it may help you and is totally worth a try. Like you said, the stuff isn't expensive so no harm in trying. You may need to play around with how much is a best fit for you. I was reading online that some only take a half of one pill per day, many take one in the a.m and one in the p.m, and some others take 2 a.m and 2 p.m.  It seems like via the reviews on amazon that if it is a little too much it triggers headaches. I have not attempted to increase the dosage to see if there is even a better effect for me due to this level working so well. Good luck and let me know how it goes! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ipray
on 7/4/15 8:31 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Can't wait to try! You should also post this in the mental health forum. If this helps just one person, your information was worth sharing!  Thanks again!

Most Active