Want to connect with recent post-ops!!

RiversAndRoads
on 7/2/15 5:51 am

i had surgery on Tuesday and would love to connect with others like me who have just had surgery.  I had no idea it would be this hard.

E_Saenz
on 7/2/15 6:23 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm not post op yet but will be soon I'm just waiting for my insurance approval.  Then I'll get my date.  I hope things get better for you soon I'm sure they will.  I have noticed it's always hard at first.  

Elia Maria Saenz

RiversAndRoads
on 7/2/15 8:21 am

Thanks so much for the reply, please keep me posted on your surgery date and we will keep in touch!!  Best of luck...

Ethel S.
on 7/2/15 8:32 am

Just keep the faith, the worst part is over now. I am meeting with my surgeon to schedule Surgery on July 8th. I will stay in touch, it will probably take place in late August. Sending prayers your way.

LeinCA
on 7/2/15 9:46 am

I had the surgery on Monday.  I am not sure if it was the anathesia or the surgery itself that made me sic****il today.  But today is much better ...even turned on my laptop.  I think each day from here out will be better for you too.

RiversAndRoads
on 7/3/15 6:27 am

I think that you may be right.  I am day 3 post op and every day seems to get a little bit better.  The first 48 hours feels like a miserable eternity but I think that I am turning the corner.  Please keep me posted on how you are doing...

LeinCA
on 7/3/15 8:27 pm

today is even better, no nausea and was able to walk some.  I still have a hard time doing all the protein, made it to 40 grams of it.

How are you?

Tracy D.
on 7/2/15 10:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench!   I promise...it gets easier with time.  By Week #3 or #4 you'll be feeling human again. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

goddesscait
on 7/2/15 10:40 am

Hang in there, it does get much better.  I dry-heaved for 2 days following my surgery, but every day since then has been better than the day before.  You will look and feel so much better because you made a positive life change.  The hardest part now, 3 weeks  post-op, is fitting in the 75 grams of protein each day.  I have a cup of yogurt and I'm full.  I had a craving for something non-liquid so I make ground chicken balls that give about 11 gms of protein each, and you can put chocolate protein powder into sugar free chocolate pudding for an easy-to-get-down protein snack that is 110 calories when made with skim milk and 16.5 gms of protein for a 1/2 cup serving.  I also just signed up for a 8 week exercise program for bariatric patients that is sponsored by the hospital group that did the surgery.

RiversAndRoads
on 7/3/15 6:30 am

Sounds like your and my post op recovery went quite similarly with the dry heaving.  There was also that awkward adjustment to the new feeling and gurgles and gas that arise as well.   I am glad to know that you have settled into some normalcy and I wish you all the best with your 8 week exercise regime, congrats!!!

Most Active