Carbonation??

JessicaSATX
on 7/6/15 9:02 pm

Has anyone venture into drinking something carbonated? Not sodas but maybe fizzy water?? Im debating trying it since it will help with water intake but still satisfy my craving for bubbles. What have you all experienced?

Sleeved May 4th, 2015  Follow My Journey On My Blog:)   http://jessicasvsgjourney.blogspot.com/

-Jessica

Nich_R
on 7/6/15 10:41 pm

I haven't had surgery yet but the office I go to has advised to stay away from carbonation for at least a year after surgery and then try just a small amount to see how it feels.

Nichole | Portland, OR | VSG 07.08.15 | HW 371.1 | SW 348.2 | CW 199.6 | GW 150

Dan T.
on 7/7/15 12:09 am
VSG on 06/10/15

Have you tried something acidic, like lemon water? I'll leave out the science for the moment, but carbonated water is more acidic than plain water. I have found that adding either fresh citrus or TrueLemon/TrueLime makes water a lot more refreshing for me.

HW: 557 | SW: 478 | CW: 436

Bufflehead
on 7/7/15 2:44 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I can't have more than a couple sips of anything carbonated, it doesn't hurt but it's extremely uncomfortable. If I were you I would work on losing the cravings rather than "satisfying" them.

SulowskiT
on 7/7/15 3:41 am

I am out one year and was so happy to leave diet coke behind. I have had a couple of sips of fizzy water and it was really uncomfortable. I just can't risk what drinking.a whole one would feel like! I am loving crystal light and I found some jolly rancher sugar free drink crystals at Walmart that are yummy too! 

Dont worry getting the water in will get better as long as you consciously make the effort.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/7/15 5:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I don't like it rwally fizzy, but never did. I get rid of a bunch of the bubbles, but drink carbonated stuff every day.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Wanda1118
on 7/7/15 5:44 am
VSG on 07/09/14

I have drank sips of soda to make me burp when I couldn't..It hasn't bothered me at all, but not a good habit to get into. Try water with 0 calorie lemonade with strawberries, lemon and oranges in it...I make a pitcher and it's much better than just plain water

mmsmom
on 7/7/15 6:45 am - Woburn, MA

I gave it up in 2007 when I got my band, had a few between band removal and sleeve but basically never went back to it - nothing redeeming about soda in any form. About once or twice a summer tho I would kill for a "real" Pepsi over ice....ahhhh.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

mljohns
on 7/7/15 7:32 am
DS on 01/27/15

5 months pre-op. I haven't tried anything carbonated. Dr put it on the never  ever list. Of everything I've given up, San Peligrino water is the one thing I still crave.

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/15 8:52 am

I did not, would not, drink carbonated anything for at least a year post op. However, now on occasion I will. I enjoy something a little fizzy once in a while. There is a restaurant we frequent that has a sugar free Italian soda. I order it and am able to drink about 1/4 of it. It's a total waste of money unless I can get someone to fini**** for me. Oh, I also have to let some of the bubbles "die" in my mouth before swallowing. I don't think I could finish a regular can of diet soda. Would be far too uncomfortable.

Most Active