MY WORST FEAR IS COMING TRUE

thefuture2015
on 7/30/15 7:29 pm

I am 2 months out on Aug 9th.  My last weight loss was in June. From July 4th through today I have gone up and down 3 lbs.  I have not eaten any carbs other then a few chips  and hummus (not potato chips) here and there. I have had frozen yogurt maybe twice.  Have eliminated all sugar other then that. A  protein shake almost everyday and I am not sure how much water I am supposed to have but I am close to a litter a day..

ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING THEY CAN SHARE.. I AM SO DISCURAGED.. I AM AFRAID THAT MY WORST FEAR IS COMING TRUE.. I WILL BE THE FIRST VSG FAILURE. 

Raeb

gwen41539
on 7/30/15 12:37 pm, edited 7/30/15 12:38 pm - kimper, KY

Frosen yogurts are no nos you know that and water is 64oz or more if you are exercising etc...you need to.ditch the crackers chips carbs etc protein first go back to the basics proteins 70 grams min a day and water.... at 2 months you are still just getting started you can still stop the madness and regain control ...post a sample.menu are u logging your food? 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/30/15 8:27 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

People can fail at any wls. For some it could be some kind of mechanical failure from the surgery, or maybe someone develops complications & revise to a different surgery. However a lot of times it's due to a combination of non compliance & unrealistic expectations. 

Is there any reason why you're still on protein shakes? You should be eating dense protein by now. Yogurt, chips, hummus, etc, I consider as slider foods, really easy to eat too much, & really won't fill you up at all. It's just extra calories. What is your Drs plan for you? Do you use an app like my fitness pal to track & log everything that goes into your mouth?

Do you weigh & measure everything or are you eyeballing your food? A lot of us has a warped view of what a portion size should be. 

Do you take measurements?, not everything will be reflected in the scale. Stalls are also common. Plus don't expect to lose at the same rate as you did in the beginning, your body may be starting to settle into its losing pattern, i.e stair step pattern, also pretty common.

Follow your Drs plan for you & the weight will come off. It's hard to not become obsessed by the scale, but try, cuz it'll drive you crazy sometimes. Good Luck to you.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

thefuture2015
on 7/31/15 5:32 pm

thank you for your input.. I am eyeballing and not eating enough dense protein.. when you get a chance can you jot down what a couple of days look like for you??

Raeb

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/1/15 5:02 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Well I really don't cook much, a lot of my food is pre seasoned & very basic. So far I try to keep it to 80g of protein, 80oz of water, & carbs under 50, although some other people go way lower as far as carbs is concerned.

Definitely get back to weighing & measuring your food, you'd be surprised how much extra food you can eat if you're not careful. Since I buy a lot of pre seasoned food, it'll list the serving size on the package. So if it has 3 servings, I know I have to make it last 3 times.

So usually I would start my day with either a Quest protein drink with unsweetened cashew milk or Chike protein coffee with soy milk. I'm lazy, if it comes down to getting up early & cooking, or sleeping late, I choose sleep, besides it gives me a jump on my protein goals since either one gives me almost 30 grams of protein.

When I get to work I'll have a snack, either a tuna packet, string cheese, or cottage cheese. Yeah I've actually developed a taste for that lately. If I want a little sweetness, I'll have one of those yoplait whipped yogurts. 100 cal & 15 carbs, so I can only have the 1 for the day.

Mid day is eggs & bacon, or whatever I brought from home, like chicken tenderloins, or I'll cook some fish like tilapia or cod. We have a oven/broiler. I buy the fish from BJ's, it's frozen & pre seasoned all it needs is cooking, or I'll eat a Bubba burger. It's also pre seasoned & very tasty.

Later on, is another snack, but it's light. I've been snacking on these Jack Links turkey bites., or I might have perdue chicken breast strips.

Dinner is usually chicken, beef or fish. Usually when I get the protein in, there isn't much room for anything else, but if I did have anything it would be spinach, like my own version of chicken salad, or fish on top of spinach leaves.

As you can see my food plan is very basic & it might look a little boring, but I like it & it works for me. If you want recipes for cooking you should look up The world according to egg face. She cooks & has plenty of recipes. There's this ricotta bake that I think is very good, plus alternatives to pizza that doesn't use the dough.

It's really not too hard for me at this stage to get dense protein in, most times I usually don't need the shake. I just don't wanna get up & cook anything. Everything in between is when I'm usually drinking coffee or water. The only time the carbs go up is when I start going off plan, like eating pasta, or a little too much yogurt, breaded crab cakes, nuts, sauces, etc.

Hope this helps some.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

thefuture2015
on 8/1/15 7:55 am

thank u so much for taking the time to post so great info.. I see that I need to make some adjustments to what I am  eating.  I think I have been so hungry because I am not eating enough dense protein.  I will refer back to this on a regular basis.. thanx again..

Raeb

E_Saenz
on 7/30/15 9:25 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Protine closes your piloric valve and makes you full faster and longer that is why they say to eat dense protine first.

Elia Maria Saenz

thefuture2015
on 7/31/15 5:28 pm

this morning I had egg salad and I can def see the difference .. ty

Raeb

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 5:34 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Your most definately welcome.

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 8:02 pm - Grand Rapids , MI