Recovery time?

mimi_b
on 8/1/15 2:24 pm - Portland, OR

Hi! I am getting my gastric sleeve on August 12th and am just wondering when I will be able to start driving and doing basic things? I have a concert on the 22nd of August that I am pretty hesitant to miss out on. Do you think that I will still be able to attend after ten days. My brother will be taking pretty good care of me and I will be able to sit down for the whole concert.

Thanks!

NateH
on 8/1/15 2:39 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

10 days post-op, I wouldn't have wanted to sit in a car to get to a concert or even sit at a concert. But, we're all different. As long as you are careful and take your time you should be fine. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

mickeymantle
on 8/1/15 4:38 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you might be able to drive after 1 week if you are off pain meds for 24 hours

you will need to drink almost the whole time , and if you need to sit of more than 1 hour , during concert or the drive there you should stop and walk around so you don't get blood clots

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 8/1/15 4:38 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I walked down 15 flights of stairs abt 36 hrs after surgery (fire alarm...) and flew trans Atlantic 9 days after surgery. I think a concert would have been easy peasy. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

chubbs54
on 8/2/15 11:01 pm

Hi,

I had received my sleeve on the 27th and was out the next evening and 4 days later I was walking 3 miles in 1hr. I was told I could not drive until I have my follow up with my surgeron this coming Friday. As someone else said the sitting may be to long. 

mimi_b
on 8/2/15 11:46 pm - Portland, OR

Thanks everyone! These were all extremely helpful! The concert is literally so close to my house that I could walk. So, I probably won't be driving (someone might still drop me off depending on how I feel). Also, I will definitely be able to stand during the concert too, so either way, I'll have the option of sitting/standing. I'm now reassured that it will be fine :D Thanks!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views