hiatal hernia and sleeve anyone have it?

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 1:46 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm getting my sleeve on the 12th I'm told it's more painful and harder anyone else have that when they got the surgery?  And do you have any tips for me?

Elia Maria Saenz

yvonnaj
on 7/31/15 2:05 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

I'm getting sleeved on Monday and I'm getting my hiatal hernia fix also.

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 2:27 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Good luck monday I hope everything goes well for you.

Elia Maria Saenz

yvonnaj
on 7/31/15 4:45 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

Thank you

E_Saenz
on 8/2/15 3:05 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I wish you the best please keep me posted!  I've sent you a friend request. you rock!

Elia Maria Saenz

toddwho23
on 7/31/15 2:23 pm

I had an extensive HH repair at the same time as my sleeve. The second night following surgery was the hardest due to severe inflammation from the surgery and repair. I vomited 3 times and had an excellent nurse who advocated steroid treatment to help decrease the inflammation. It worked. My only other issue was about 3 months of rolling nausea due to the healing process, excess acid production, and the consequential poor eating schedule because of both. Once I got on a regular schedule and a PPI that worked, the nausea went away. I am still on the PPI, and I don't foresee that changing. My surgeon warned me upfront that my GERD may never fully disappear. If that's what you're aiming for, consider RNY. 

The healing of the stomach takes longer because of the repair, so be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions and timeframes for moving into soft foods and solids. I am 6 months out on the 2nd and am doing just fine. No regrets, no issues, after 85 pounds, reached onederland today!

Best of luck,

Deb

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 2:29 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

My doctor said mine isn't really bad but he wants to fix it because my sleeve can slip up into my chest.  So to avoid issues later he is doing it one shot.  I sure hope that I dont swell too bad.

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 2:36 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

How long were you in the hospital?

Elia Maria Saenz

toddwho23
on 7/31/15 2:48 pm

2 nights. Was released late morning 2 days following surgery. It's a requirement of my surgeon regardless of how well the patient does. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/31/15 2:46 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I had a hiatal hernia that was repaired when the sleeve was done. I was in on a Friday & out by Sunday. No complications. I had some nausea, but that was basically it. The pain wasn't incredibly bad, the liquid pain medication helped with that & I didn't need it all.

I was on a ppi b4 the surgery. I had a very mild case of Gerd & when I had an endoscopy, that's when the hernia was found. I was on a ppi for like a month b4 the surgery & a couple of months after. I haven't needed any more pills since then.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active