Stretched Sleeve

DK1010
on 8/13/15 5:40 pm

I had surgery in October of 2013. It's not even been a full two years yet. However I've lost a little over 100lbs but then messed up and started drinking alcohol a lot only to become addicted to alcohol and food again. My weight plateaued. I'm still at a stand still after graduating from a rehab program. And I don't know what to do. I'm so used to eating like "normal" people again that I don't even remember what it was like to eat with my freshly operated on sleeve. What can I do to get back on track?! I want to get my life back in order!

E_Saenz
on 8/13/15 9:38 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I believe you need to get back to basics 3-4 oz of protine 3-4 times a day. Then veggie 64 oz of water 

Elia Maria Saenz

happyteacher
on 8/14/15 7:20 am

Your restriction is there, but if you are eating a lot of slider foods/grazing it is not noticeable. Check my blog and look for the entry on getting back on track... it outlines in detail everything that works well for me. I am glad you tackled your issues and are working towards a healthier you- hang in there!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

soprofound
on 8/14/15 8:20 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13
On August 14, 2015 at 7:20 AM Pacific Time, happyteacher wrote:

Your restriction is there, but if you are eating a lot of slider foods/grazing it is not noticeable. Check my blog and look for the entry on getting back on track... it outlines in detail everything that works well for me. I am glad you tackled your issues and are working towards a healthier you- hang in there!

hi. where's your blog. im a slider and grazer. im so busy that i dont actually sit down to eat.

Gwen M.
on 8/14/15 12:22 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Congratulations on your weight loss and getting your addictions under control!  You're amazing!  

If you're not already tracking everything you eat, this would be a good time to start.  That will let you see what you're consuming and what you might need to change.  From there, work on getting back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different:

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kelly L.
on 8/14/15 2:37 pm

Congrats on trying to make positive changes in your life.   We have some things in common.   I never made it to goal and then gained some weight due to alcohol and letting carbs back in to my diet.   I am trying to get back on track now and I've lost what I gained.   I log everything into Myfitnesspal now, and focus on protein with low carb.   Trying to incorporate swimming into my routine.   It is slow going for me because of insulin resistance, but I am going for it now and not giving up like I did before.   Message me on here if you want to talk.

Kelly

Most Active