Vent and rant

kranky813
on 8/20/15 10:21 pm
VSG on 08/20/15

all day I have been treated like a queen in the hospital but tonight has been awful!!! Nursing assistants shut off call lights and don't come in to see what's up. Bring me to the bathroom but don't respond to bring me back. And have to be told to hook me back up to all of the machines because I cant do it myself.... Ugh... I seriously think she has an issue that I'm a gastric surgery patient.

ok vent over. 

Surgery Date: 8/20/2015 - CW 233 - GW 140

TerryF9
on 8/20/15 11:21 pm

Nasty nurse!! Don't stop calling them.

I hope they come help you soon, be well Kranky.

murphyjo
on 8/21/15 1:27 am

Oh geez! Sorry to hear! My nurses have been amazing! And I was a little worried due to all the rumors-guess I'm on the good floor. I took off the leg things before bed cuz they are noisy, and I am able to get myself in and out of bed on my own...it hurts a little but that's just the way it is... 

Hope your good nurses are back in the morning!😷

Wanda1118
on 8/21/15 3:18 am
VSG on 07/09/14

By now you should be up and walking on your own, so I don't understand why you are waiting for your nurse to come get you out of the bathroom..The truth is, is that you are suppose to be up walking, walking and walking. It hurts but gets better in time...hang in there and congrats for your surgery...keep up posted please and welcome to the losers bench! 

Wanda1118
on 8/21/15 3:19 am
VSG on 07/09/14

By now you should be up and walking on your own, so I don't understand why you are waiting for your nurse to come get you out of the bathroom..The truth is, is that you are suppose to be up walking, walking and walking. It hurts but gets better in time...hang in there and congrats for your surgery...keep up posted please and welcome to the losers bench! 

kranky813
on 8/21/15 5:41 am
VSG on 08/20/15

With the pain meds they want to help hook and unhook me. Trust me I am walking a round every hour. I just have so many lines. I was out of bed over 10 times last night. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/15 4:15 am
VSG on 08/15/15 with

My vsg was 8/15 and my hubby thought I was crazy because as soon as I opened my eyes after surgery, mask on and all, I was taking the mask off to stand up on my own. I just remember everyone saying walk as soon after surgery as you could and that's all I wanted to do was walk. I made it to the bathroom room on my own within 5 minutes of waking up, he walked with me as I was unstable, but I brought my own fluids, and walked my way back. I know everyone is different but I never got a nurse to walk anywhere. And the 2nd day, I felt like I got hit by a truck and was very painful.... But still gotta get up and walk, walk, walk.... It is the only thing that will make those gas pains any better :) 

hope you're feeling better today and the nicer nurses are working :) congrats on your surgery. I'm 6 days post op and LOVE my sleeve!!!!!!!

kranky813
on 8/21/15 5:45 am
VSG on 08/20/15

Today is certainly worse, lol. I've been walking all night. The only thing I can think of is sip, sip, sip, walk, walk,walk. Hopefully I can start sipping today. Still nothing by mouth for me.  They are still shooting me up with pain meds every 2 hours which is a total blessing, lol

iloveravens
on 8/21/15 6:13 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I can so relate.  I remember waking from my VSG surgery and knowing something wasn't right, but it's like no one believed me.  Certain nurses had no patience for me and were saying, "Yeah...yeah get up and walk come on, everyone has pain..." and not believing me.  I too felt like it was because I was a bariatric patient.  I still remember one's name and hated when she was on duty!  Finally she learned about my obstruction and that I'd have to go in for surgery again and she was almost mad that I was right.  

And to the poster who said that you should be getting up and walking on your own...I had those leg compression things on for days (that I was not able to take off by myself) so I needed the nurses to come in and help me...Hang in there, it gets better.  

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Dan1962
on 8/21/15 6:21 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Same here.  I could;t walk immediately and the nurse had an attitude.  I was dizzy,  I had internal bleeding that need to clot.  I had the surgery on Tuesday and couldn't walk on my own until Thursday morning.  Wasn't released until Friday.  Hang in there it will get better.

Most Active