How bad do you really want this ???

frisco
on 9/2/15 10:56 am

How bad do you really want this to work out????

Sure, there are many parts to this process and individual surrounding cir****tances.......

But, desire can take you a long ways !!!!

I recently met someone that has done very well at WL and maintenance and my take-away was...... I gotta step up my desire.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 12:53 pm

I think it's normal for desire to wax and wane during a weight loss/maintenance journey. I know for me, desire is certainly high at this point on my journey. I've got an eye on the future and what I want it to look like and a plan in place to get there.

I also know that life throws curve balls at us and priorities shift and emotional fortitude ebbs and flows. It's not easy to always remember the strong desire to accomplish a normal weight as diet fatigue sets in or family stress clouds our views, or...... So, the desire you write about has to come from within. We can't rely on the world around us to provide that desire and have to learn to not let the outside world hamper the desire either.

It takes some of us just a tad longer to learn this than we might like (pointing finger at self! LOL!).

Yogalady
on 9/2/15 2:39 pm

I just tell myself good or bad nothing tastes as good as being thin!!! It always makes me heel!,

Jessica T.
on 9/2/15 4:13 pm

I am only 3 weeks out and just went on puree, but nothing tastes good to me so I am hoping this will go quicker than expected. I am not naive enough to think I will forever stay away from forbidden food but chicken in a blender with fat free sour cream is not very appetizing. 

ipray
on 9/2/15 4:44 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

I find that the farther out I get, the harder it is for me to stay motivated and focused. I need to keep reminding myself what I have accomplished and how hard I worked to get where I am. Good days and bad, but can't give in to those old bad habits! I would really be letting myself down if I screw this up and I am really tired of letting myself down. It is the people that are helping us at this wonderful website that keep me honest!

mmsmom
on 9/3/15 4:36 am - Woburn, MA

I ran into a friend of my daughter's from high school last night and she shouted, "OMG you look great!!!"  Honestly, I forgot how great I look compared to the last time i saw her.  I can't say how much I love getting up in the morning without that overwhelming burden of feeling like I need to lose weight.  That keeps me motivated to stay at or below goal.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active