What a Week!

MemeJ2015
on 9/3/15 10:53 pm
VSG on 08/27/15

Yesterday marked a week post op and was just not the best day for me. I was just not feeling myself. I had no energy, didn't really have an appetite for Premier shakes. It was just an off day. I'm not sleeping well at night. Did anyone else feel like this? Any advice?

jamrodriguez
on 9/3/15 10:55 pm

My whole first week post op felt like a drag. I started feeling more myself at my 2 week mark.

msfitzy
on 9/4/15 5:06 am
with

My first week was rough.  I was in pain for the majority of it and too stubborn to take my meds unless really necessary.  I barely got in 1 shake a day and hardly any water.  It was not a good idea.  But then, one morning I woke up and was like, WOW, this is so much better.  And it's gotten better every day since.  I still have some lingering pain but I'm not even 3 weeks out yet.  I returned to work right at 1 week post op and that helped me a lot, too.  So hang in there.  It will get better.  I still struggle with wanting my 2nd shake though.  I just don't want them anymore.  I'm quite content on just drinking my water, but the shakes have lost their appeal.

Age: 35 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 08/17/15 | Starting Weight: 307 | Surgery Weight: 279 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 212 | WL so far: 95 lbs

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

alouisa63
on 9/4/15 6:24 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

This was me one week post op!  Just recently I've lost my appetite for Premier shakes but still need one a day to meet my protein goals.  I have found that if I only use half and add skim milk, I'm able to get it down easier.  It's more like drinking chocolate milk and not so thick. 

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

psychoticparrot
on 9/4/15 6:57 am

Yep, a lot (maybe most) sleevers feel that way at one week post-op. You're healing from major surgery. It may take up to six weeks till you feel really well again, but you will get there.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active