Feeling a litle bummed

AndreaB73
on 9/3/15 11:11 pm

I had my sleeve surgery on 1/14 so I am almost 8 months out.  I have lost around 75 pounds and feel great.  But my weight has lingered around the same for the last 2 months.  I tend to eat more carbs then I probably should and also pick at food. Im trying to get "jump started again" I would love to be under 200 by Thanksgiving. I feel like most people have more loss by this time frame. When I look at pictures I see a huge difference but in person dont feel nearly has thin as I had hoped for - am I being too hard on myself? This is first I have been on these boards in awhile. Maybe I need to start hanging out again for some SUPPORT. HW- 294  CW- 220   

White Dove
on 9/4/15 3:25 am - Warren, OH

Twenty pounds by Thanksgiving is probably not attainable this far out from surgery, but twenty pounds by New Year's Day is doable.

Start with tracking every bite in My Fitness Tracker.  Weigh yourself every morning.  Set a goal of one pound lost per week.  Having an attainable goal will really help with getting through your first holiday season.

The time between Thanksgiving and New Years is the time when most people let down their guard and gain weight. 

Make this year special by getting and staying on track.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cappy11448
on 9/3/15 9:41 pm, edited 9/3/15 9:42 pm

For me, carbs are the problem.  I'd suggest being diligent at keeping the carbs low, and see if that helps both with the weight loss and reducing the need to "Pick".  Its time to get this under control because it doesn't get any easier over time, especially with the holidays so near. 

For me, I weighed, measured and logged my food every day thru weight los and even early maintenance.  This might help you, as well. Plus eating dense protein first and avoiding liquids with meals...  Back to basics.

Good luck with your journey.  You can do this!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

mmsmom
on 9/4/15 5:26 am - Woburn, MA

You have acknowledged in your post that you are picking and eating carbs.... you know what you need to do - mostly you need to get your head together, get an eating plan and stick to it.  I'm not sure if you could lose 20 lbs, but you sure could make a dent in it.  I find setting such a specific goal and then not attaining it only sets me up for failure - just get back on track and see where you end up.  Good luck.

VSG on 04/28/2014

AndreaB73
on 9/4/15 5:47 am

Thanks for the tips. I have used the lose it app before and will start doing that again. Also what do you guys look at for carbs per day? Yes I believe the holiday season could be harder. I know the summer was full of get togethers/picnics etc.  I don't want to fall off track and lose what I have worked hard for. Thanks for all the support!

Sandra F.
on 9/4/15 6:14 am

I know it is hard not to compare yourself with others, but you shouldn't.  I will just tell you that I was around the same at 8 months out and doubting myself.  Carbs were most definitely the culprit and I know a lot of people on here that keep them below 40 per day but I try to keep them below 60.  I have a lot of stalls though, so probably the lower the better.  I look at this as a marathon, not a race.  My mom always said that I didn't put the weight on quickly and I won't lose it quickly either.  Hang in there!  Good luck!

FuturePinUp
on 9/4/15 9:31 am

Ditto here to the carb counts. I keep mine under 40 and, though I'm only 2 and 1/2 months out, I haven't hit a stall yet and have lost 45 lbs.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

jgreenlee12
on 9/4/15 8:00 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I had my surgery on 12/08/14 so im just a little bit ahead of you. I have lost 96 lbs. I haven't really lost very much in the last month or so but I know exactly why. I also have been eating a little more carbs and more calories. (I originally had a goal of 125. Then changed that to 140 and when I got to 160 I felt like I was happy with myself (im a size 10 pants, medium shirt) even though my BMI is still in the over weight range.) I only lose weight if I eat around 800 calories a day and it seems like that is getting harder also. I don't think you are being too hard on yourself because you are gonna HAVE to be hard on yourself to keep losing at this time post op. ITS HARD!!! The slighted little slip up and I will gain a pound or two and it takes weeks to take that off.

Most Active